“Tasty food and fantastic staff”
Review of Hook & Ladder

Hook & Ladder
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Castletroy
Price range: USD 1 - USD 11
Description: Hook & Ladder "Living Café" is an Irish owned family business, with locations in Limerick and Waterford. It offers customers a variety of store concepts under one roof - café, cookery school, furniture and home accessories store. Customers can relish the delicious café offerings, enhance their culinary skills in the Cookery School, buy locally sourced produce from the artisan display, or purchase
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Busy restaurant but worth the wait for a table, staff very friendly and helpful. Food fresh and delicious. Lovely atmosphere would happily recommend Hook and Ladder Castletroy.

2  Thank Mary M

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

There is a lot of effort out into the decor of this cafe which gives you confidence that the food will be done well.

Went for lunch with my son, I’m lactose intolerant so I was looking through the menu but found most things had cheese of some sort. When the waitress arrived I pointed at one of the sandwiches and said would I be able to order this without cheese and mayo please, I have to say I was shocked when she said ‘No’ and I said ‘excuse me’ to which she replied that ‘everything is pre-made the day before’ I was horrified that the food was not fresh, and I told her I was lactose intolerant so could she please tell me what on the menu I could eat she couldn’t so I asked could o order from the kids menu (the same bacon blaa that I ordered for my son) and she told me no I couldn’t, and she went off to speak to someone and came back and told me that she spoke to someone and that I could have the bbq pork sandwich, it did not have cheese and they would leave the coleslaw off so i said ok I’ll try that so.

Food arrived in the less than five minutes not surprising for pre made food, my son took a big bite and choked on his bacon blaa (the fat on the bacon wasn’t rendered and he choked on it) and I took a bite of the bbq pork sandwich, I didn’t like it so we got up and walked straight up, paid and left, two full plates of food with just a bite left on the table, would not be back.

1  Thank Lauriebird86
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

2 places in the one building? You have to queue for a table, which is well worthwhile, the staff are really friendly and the food choice is fantastic, next door is an amazing Italian which I adore, but I said I’d try something different. Give it a try, you won’t regret it!

3  Thank John C
Reviewed 23 May 2018

My boyfriend and I were delighted by the food we choose. Veg are fresh. I chose the Boudha bowl and it's a complete and healthy meal.
The atmospher is cool, nice and original.
Desserts are not so expansive and the portion is HUUUGE ! I had the meringue, and I couldn't move anymore after my meal xD

2  Thank Ninnine
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

A lovely restaurant with consistently good food at a reasonable price ,good choice on the menu and clean

2  Thank Michelle H