All reviews ross on wye both nights night break prunes mixed grill curry fabulous views brecon beacons lovely hotel lovely food murder mystery relaxing break a la carte menu beautiful countryside busy road full english short break
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Nice place to stay.staff very good and the food excellent.would recommend dining here.good place to visit the surrounding areas.rooms are nice and clean.they also do themed weekends such as murder mystery

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We are still here at this beautiful gem in Hereford. Had 2 nights here with compliments of my hubbys work. Paid extra to upgrade to the 4 poster room. Really great country hotel, just what you’d expect in this part of the country. Such a lovely relaxed stay. Comfortable room, extremely friendly staff, food in restaurant was so good, had the pie, curry, lamb shank and salmon over 2 nights. Compliments to Deepak the chef. Did Pen Y Fan and sugar loaf mountain. Fantastic weekend. Looking forward to another stay next time we are in this part of the country

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I stayed here for three nights, with my wife and sister in law.We have used this hotel beore. It is very comfortable. The staff are particularly helpful and friendly.
It is situated just south of Hereford. Convenient for several places of interest, including Berrington Hall and Croft Castle. Hereford Cathedral is well worth a visit. Nearby Hereford and Ross On Wye, for the shopaholics.
Highly recommended.

Room tip: Valley view rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We stayed as a group of 10 walkers on a very good DBB deal. Our initial greeting was friendly and the friendliness was present throughout our stay. We found Darren to be particularly engaging.
Room 4 was a very good choice with windows facing W and N.
The food was well prepared and of particular note were Deepak's curry and Onion Bharjees. I enjoyed the Wye Valley Bitter.
The 33 bus gave us some useful options for walks, especially the one to Ross-on-Wye followed by a walk along the river.

Room tip: Rooms 4 and 5 recommended.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for a total of 5 days.
The views are certainly the best bit.
I was given one of the best rooms which I fully appreciate...it made my week waking up and seeing the hills everyday..
The cooked breakfast was lovely,there was also a choice of cereals and toast.
My room was a lovely size but disappointed there wasn’t a bath..there was comfortable bedding and a clean room.The only thing I would say is that the bathroom could have been cleaner..the shower had about 4 hairs in..and also in the windowsill.the chrome shower head looked like it needed a good clean...and the toilet could have been cleaner.
I only ate in the restaurant once where I had a ribeye melt..I didn’t really enjoy it,the plate of food was huge which put me off really...the steak was quite tasteless and very fatty,I think it was mozzarella cheese that was layered over my steak with mushrooms underneath..it just didn’t do it for me.
However the desert was lovely..chocolate torte.
On my last day I had to be in work early but I couldn’t check out as no one was in reception until 6.50 so it made me a bit late .
I wouldn’t give this 4 stars but i wouldn’t give it 3 either...so 3.5 is what I feel would be more appropriate.
Staff are friendly enough..and I did enjoy my stay,if the bathroom was cleaner and food a bit better I probably would have given this a 4 star.
I did come here a week before as well for one day with my partner and stayed in a different room..where I did have a bath..but I didn’t use it,as again there were more than one hair including pubic hair in the bath which is a big no no for me.