See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2018

My friend and I spent the night here for casual accommodation, booking at short notice. Reception was very helpful in accommodating for us, but they prefer bookings to be made online. Our room was a king twin and comfortable, however it did get cold during the night. The scenery is amazing - right near Auckland and it feels like a different world. The on-site cafe has tasty homemade food and good hot drinks. Perfect place for a vegetarian retreat from the city.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Booked at a bargain price - didn't know what to expect ... but could see they had a pool !

The gardens are gorgeous, what a lovely place to relax and read, study or meditate.

Huge 25 metre pool ... which I had all to myself ! Morning yoga class - by donation.

You do have full use of the kitchen to prepare your own meals, they do prefer (stipulate ?) vegetarian only. Unfortunately the cafe wasn't open, don't know if this is temporary or permanent !, but for a vegetarian meal, I can recommend the Mongolian Hotpot across the road .... see another of my reviews !

The resort exceeded my expectations, and I would absolutely love to go and stay there for a week !!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Although this hotel locates in a wood (which I enjoy) and promotes spiritual life (which I also appreciate), they simply just offer you a room (and a kitchen) with not much else. There were at least five rooms in the building that I was in and just one shared bathroom (on the first floor; the rooms are in the second floor). In the bathroom, except for toilet paper, nothing else is provided (e.g., hair dryer). My friend went to ask the front desk to see if she could borrow a hair dryer, they said that they do not provide such a thing! They did not have an elevator nor did they volunteer to carry your baggage (not even a small bag, seeing my three baggages). The road seems to design for backpackers because your baggage will not be able to move smoothly with their road filled with pebbles. The road just had dim light and I was constantly scared to be hit by the cars when I returned the hotel at night. The curtains are just for decoration; they do not shield the light. Anyway, if you could not carry heavy stuff, are not light fast in responding to cars, would like to wake up at your term, and have to use bathroom at the middle of the night, please do yourself a service by skipping this hotel.

Room Tip: curtains too thin to shield the light
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2017

There is no doubt that this would be someone's dream place, it has a great pool, walking trails, interesting venues, and a spiritual vibe to it. But it was just not for me. I did not realize that I had expectations, but whatever they were, they were not filled. I was disappointed by the shared shower situation, the food-set up (I thought I could buy food made food there), and the lack of classes to choose from. I think much of it has to do with the timing, so check what's on before you go.
I had gone here to decide if I would host a future workshop/retreat here, and I think it would be good for that, but as just a guest, it was not for me.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank KatieTL
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I woofed at KP for the international yoga festival 2016. Even I wasn't able to attend all the classes, I really enjoyed the vibe and the classes I had a chance to attend. One of the highlights were the opening and closing ceremony... If i wouldn't already be back in Europe, I would love to attend the yoga festival of 2017.
KP has a huge property with various buildings and events going all on the time. Rooms are basic and bathrooms are shared. Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo