“Interesting”

Quality Inn Waddling Dog
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I think we were in one of the rooms waiting to be "updated"...the beds were very comfy, the armchair and ottoman need to be thrown out! they will never get the grime out of them. Other than that, the room was very comfy and CLEAN.
We had room service, the gal that delivered it was charming, the food was truly excellent.
My husband had the Thai prawn stir fry and I had the steak sandwich, beyond delicious, I could have eaten it all over again it was so good.

Room Tip: Order the steak sandwich....sooooooo good.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Waddling Dog

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I really liked the place, staff is welcoming and really helpful with anything you need! Hotel itself is vintage, which I think makes it a great experience! There s a library on the first floor, where you can also have your breakfast ! It feels like you're a guest a at family's house.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and if i had my way i wished we would have stayed all 5 nights it is an awsome and fun place it is very nice to beable to walk over to the pub and grab a wonderful bite to eat i must say who ever is cooking at the pub they should pay him extra the food was fabulous and very reasonably priced the server was pleasant and very professional so when we are back in victoria we will be back thank you again for the great service
Douglas & Maria from Calgary AB.
April 9/17

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The Dog is about 7 minutes to the airport, but if you're looking for anything else, you'll have to drive an extra 5 minutes into Sidney. The only restaurant is either in the pub, or across the highway. Overall the rooms are a good size with all the amenities you need. It's a classicly English tudor style, with a breakfast eating area that looks like a library that Sherlock Holmes would be comfortable in. The highway is a bit noisy, but when we were there the windows were being replaced, which might offer some sound insulation. It's comfortable, cozy, and a good example that some old dogs, don't need any new tricks. Recommended for an affordable stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2017

We travelled to Victoria for our sons wedding. Loved the name of the inn. A few people we know loved it. We had 7 rooms. We arrived late, greeted by a lovely gentleman who got us checked in right away. We were on the 3rd floor, there's an elevator which was great for my mother in law. Rooms are clean, large, firm mattresses and pillows were adequate. Lots of space to put things. New carpet by the looks of it. Large tv. Free parking and breakfast. Breakfast was lovely, eggs, sausage, fruit, toast, yogurt, juices, cereal, pastries and the coffee is great. We never had an issue with the wifi. We were able to adjust the heat and or air conditioning depending on what we needed. All the staff were great, then again we are very friendly people and show respect and it's been our experience that if you want to be treated well, it starts with you. We got to see John, the Bassett hound. We were a little wary when we realized pets are welcome because my husband has allergies/asthma. Place is cleaned well and he never had a sniffle. Yes there were windows being replaced, we never had an issue. We didn't come here to sleep in the room all day. In closing, this is not a 5 star, you're not paying for a 5 star. It is a lovely quaint inn where you can sit in the lobby and relax. There is a pub if that's what you like, serves pub food. The only negative thing I could say is I wish we had a mini fridge, when I mentioned it, I was told, they could deliver one. It was our last day so we didn't take them up on it. Elaine accommodated us nicely and was great every time I called before we got there, I called a lot Mike the maintenance man, I think, was great and added to the experience. We would come back.

Room Tip: We were on the front of the building 3rd floor which is noisier because it's street side. We nev...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
16.9 km away
Days Inn Victoria Uptown
Days Inn Victoria Uptown
#26 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Quality Inn Waddling Dog? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Waddling Dog

Address: 2476 Mt. Newton Cross Roads, Central Saanich, British Columbia V8M 2B8, Canada
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver Island > Victoria Capital Regional District > Central Saanich
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Price Range: $100 - $202 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Waddling Dog 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn Waddling Dog reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Waddling Dog Hotel Saanichton