“Very good!”

Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Cowichan Bay
Price range: USD 5 - USD 23
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family-friendly seafood restaurant in an eclectic seaside village. Ocean Wise (Vancouver Aquarium recommended) & Marine Stewardship Council sustainable fisheries seafood. Local produce & bakery products. Celiac menu. Friendly, down-to-earth service. Great food!
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The chowder was very good (though a bit too salty) and the halibut fish n' chip was amazing! Recommended!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Requested dish from specials list-prawn mango curry. Don't make that mistake, it looked like a pig slop, didn't taste horribly bad but far from what one would expect prawn mango curry to be.
Wife ordered tiger prawns in batter-the crust turned out triple thick with over-abundance of salt.
Friendly service, no complaints there.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Restaurants have ups and downs. Frequent staff turn over is an industry problem and wages are a part of that. This is not unique to this business or this place. I start with this reminder because the other reviews of this place are so positive and our experience was so bad that there has to be an explanation.
Starting with my drink order, a mango margarita. The server came back to say the mix had gone bad, so would I change my order. I did- to the traditional lime. It came, flat and tasteless- likely old mix.
It got worse from there.
The calamari appetizer was soggy and undercooked. And it got even worse: my order of“local prawns” and cod was under done, the coating soggy with oil and the prawns so minuscule and rubbery that I have a hard time believing they were local. They certainly were no where close to fresh. The coleslaw side was also soggy and certainly old. The fries were certainly previously frozen.

Other meals in our party were just as bad. There were four of us. Everything greasy- a sign that the oil wasn’t hot enough.

So my advice is use caution when deciding to go here.
We had meals in other restaurants while visiting the area and most were quite good. This was a real disappointment.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Featured in "You Gotta Eat Here" my friend we said we had to make a stop. Cute little seaside town Cowichan Bay is and extremely popular so parking is very difficult to find. I had the cod with clam chowder and onions rings, oh yum! My friend had the coconut panko cod with fries and slaw which were really great too!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Good lunch, excellant fish, served well by attentive waitress. Scenic views through the windows of the bay and the harbour