All reviews two room suite vancouver island separate bedroom pool and gym sea lions family wedding the bed was extremely comfortable front desk staff the ground floor bit dated whale watching the pub beautiful location hot tub kitchenette duncan ocean
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed her while we attended a nearby wedding.

Rooms (suites) were spacious and clean with spectacular views.

Front desk service was courteous and helpful.

Pool area was clean and appeared well maintained although it will most of the hotel needs updating and attention to detail.

We stayed two night the housekeeping we experience d was not at all what we are accustomed to. Wash cloths and towels left in the tub were left unchanged and the bed looked like it had been made by a five year old.

The restaurant has a variety of menu items and is reasonably priced. Best thing we had on the menu was the volcano roll

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018

My Tripadvisor tip to those considering staying here: Request a renovated room! Big upgrade. We were pleasantly surprised because we were in fully updated suite. Nicely done, spacious, and perfect views.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We took a trip to visit relatives in BC and decided to stay at a waterside hotel. I checked reviews and this place did ok. The pictures looked ok and I knew there was not much of a choice in Duncan and Lake Cowichan. We arrived and I could see that this part of town has seen its day. When we walked in the Hotel it looked dark and was not very clean. We knew that we had to stay because it was the only game in town at this point. When we got to our room we could see that they had no AC and no screens in the windows. They had fans on a table and one floor fan in the bedroom area. So now we see flying bugs and one crawling on the floor. My mother is 83 and would like to have had a grab bar in the bathtub. No grab bar and no mat in the shower so we had to out a towel down in the tub. The kitchenette had crumbs on the floor from the people before and you could see that the floors and walls were never washed properly for a long time. When we woke up the next morning we told the front desk that the place was not cleaned properly and they told us that they would do a deep clean for us today. When we got back to our room it was exactly the same except the crumbs were picked up. Unfortunately we had to stay at this place for 3 nights.

The lady that was working the last night we stayed was very nice and helped us out with making a reservation in Victoria. I wish I had her name because I would have loved to thank her on this review.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We attended a wedding, and this was the hotel closest to the venue. The staff were kind and helpful, food was good, and view was beautiful.

However, our room was sadly lacking. It looked like a college student apartment at the end of the school year. The walls were dirty and stained, there was mold in the tile grout, and couch and curtains stained.
A family member staying in the room next door had to clean hair out of her shower.

A fresh coat of paint and greater attention to detail in the hotel maintenance would have greatly enhanced our stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel at 445 and our room was not ready, even though check in was 4pm. When we asked when the room was ready the front desk staff just said "I don't know". Several other families were also waiting for check in and received no better service. At one point staff actually got into a yelling match with a customer. When rooms were finally ready, we heard from other families that they were dirty, or the incorrect room type (1 bed instead of 2). There was no offer of compensation for the inconvenience. The hotel manager also refused to come out of her office to speak to the disgruntled customers. The service and customer relations was actually appalling. Furthermore, the actual place looked very dated. We left before our rooms were ready as we no longer had any desire to stay (this was at 6pm and we still had no idea when our room might be ready). All in all a horrible experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family