“spectacular customer service”

Aspen Village
Homewood, California
“spectacular customer service”
Reviewed 20 October 2010

arrived a day early due to change of plans.....the manager got us in and changed our one nite stay to the day of arrival.....very accomodating
nice location in a small town in national park....walk to lake and restaurants....very convenient for our needs on a windy, non-camping/rainy nite
remote had a few issues and when we mentioned it next morning we were offered a free breakafast at a partner restaurant....we declined as we needed to move on, but thought that was quite generous

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margaret d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I too had read the reviews and was nervous about what we would find. Yes, it is old and showing wear but... our #30 cabin was sparkling clean, staff were very helpful and our stay was pleasant. Do be prepared, although the mattress looked new (yes, I ripped off the sheets and checked for bedbugs.) it was very hard and the pillows were really thin. I don't expect luxury for that price in a National Park, especially one that almost completely shuts down in the winter. They only have the warm months to make their profit for the year so you need consider that when judging the place. There is no a/c but there is a ceiling fan provided thought it was never that warm that we had to worry about it. No iron in the room, you can borrow one from the front office. No facial tissue but it never killed anyone to use toilet paper or go buy one yourself at one of the local stores. WiFi is very intermittent and I had to leave to cabin to get it to work but I assume that is mountain related. There is also no Rogers phone service only TELUS. For those who expect luxury, look elsewhere. If you just need clean and in good working order, than you will be happy here. I can't speak for any of the other rooms or cabins, just #30.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank UncomonSense
Cold Lake, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We came to the park on a MC trip for 3 nights with some friends and I was a little reluctant to stay at the hotel after reading some reviews. This is not the Whyatt but sure is a good room to spend the night under a roof with comfortable bed in a breathtaking location.The hotel needs a little "TLC" and it is a bit pricy but everything was in working order .......except for the coffee machine which my wife had a gun fight with in the morning. The season is extremely short due to weather conditions out there and it would explain the time spent on fixing things without disrupting the tourists. The staff were remarkable and friendly. If you want to pay a few $$$ more, go across the street and be ready to have a wake up call at approx 0800hrs by an idling bus ready to pick up some tourists and you may come back to the Aspen. Again, this is not the Luxor in Vegas but it's location is at the very best place. That is all.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank 35mmgun
Three Hills, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2010

While the Aspen Village Inn met our needs, there was a huge empty space next to the washroom that could easily have held a bar size fridge and microwave which are quickly becoming the standard for accommodations.

I believe it would not take long to recover the cost of these appliances with a nominal rate adjustment.

Also, while temperatures were unseasonably low, I had been concerned about the lack of air conditioning when I booked. Window unit air conditions would also be recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spenceh
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 29 July 2010

...You'll get sticker shock for this type of hotel if you're thinking you're in a non-touristy town. It's not fancy. It seems like age and time haven't been too kind to it. But to be honest, my husb and I dropped in on Waterton Lakes completely unannounced and without hotel accommodations booked in advance. Risky, yes. Especially since I'm the Type A planner who ALWAYS has everything booked in advance. But I let serendipity rule this vacay and so after checking a few other places that actually had vacancies, we found the Aspen Village Inn, which had the most reasonable prices and we went with it.

Look, I LOVE my creature comforts in hotels. I travel frequently for business and stay in much higher-end properties all the time. But this place was one of the lower-priced hotels in the little town of Waterton and so I expected less. The staff was exceptionally nice to us. The housekeeping, however, missed their own written instructions of replacing our used towels that were in the tub. We re-use our larger towels, but like to have clean wash cloths and hand towels. I mentioned this to the clerk as I was checking out just so they know to remind their housekeeping staff. It was a miss, yes, but not something I would hold against them. Hey, stuff happens.

The mattress could be changed out for a newer one. And the walls aren't sound proofed. Just know that. We heard conversations and televisions from the room next to ours. I would have liked to have had more TV channels than just the antenna channels, but then again, I AM on vacation in a beautiful National Park. Do I really need more channels? I'll get back to you on that one.

It did have Wi-Fi and we had access to the fitness center and pool/spa just around the corner.

Sure, there was sticker shock, but unless you were staying at the campground, I doubt that a less-expensive room is even available.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple