“Friendly staff, nice pub”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Price range: USD 12 - USD 19
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on the River Thames, The Swan is a delightful riverside pub dating back to 1770 when it first opened.The Swan has always been a busy pub during the summer months. However, having just reopened after a near 3 month refurbishment, The Swan is now the place to be all year round. The transformation is incredible. The Swan today offers an unmatchable dining experience without losing its pub theme. With amazing views amongst a beautiful garden, stunning interior and delicious food made from the freshest ingredients (not forgetting it's unique Burger Shack) The Swan really is somewhere worth visiting.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for the first time in a while. The staff, as always, were very friendly and kind. It can be quite difficult to get a table inside when the weather is rubbish. The food is quite expensive for what it is. However the pub has a lovely garden and and so we will definitely be back once the weather is better.

TheSwan1831, Manager at The Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hi Sophie W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of the pub. I am pleased to know that the staff are always pleasant and will pass these comments over to them. In regards to the lack of space outside if you have this issue again you should try one of our outside huts with gas heaters and sofas, they are very cosy and a great place to socialise with friends. Unfortunately being a managed house there isn't much we can do about the prices of the products we sell but we do always try to make up for this with great staff and the amazing location.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Well, where do I start? The Swan, how I love you! Firstly, the location of this pub is amazing, great views of the river thames and an amazing beer garden. I adore coming to the swan, be it with friends or family, we are always spoilt and fussed over by the amazing staff. The food is amazing, I cannot fault. I came here on mothers day with family and the roasts are amazing. We started with oysters and chicken liver parfait, totals scrumptious. Then moved onto the roasts - generous portions, food cooked to perfection... and the cauliflower cheese.. YUM!!! As I said, during our visits we are always fussed over by the staff, such amazing service, very friendly and are always interested in having a chat. Swan, thank you for amazing food and always making us feel welcome, I cant wait to come back :)

Hello dawny4b,

I am delighted to hear your amazing comments about The Swan. It's is so nice reading that the staff always look after you to ensure you have a pleasant experience with us. I will pass your kind comments about the food to our kitchen team, I am sure they would love to know you loved the food.

We can't wait to see you again!

Best Wishes

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

After a cold walk along the river with a friend and dog we stubbled across the swan. After a lovely warm welcome we took a seat by thefire and had a couple of drinks and a bite to eat. The food was great, and the staff were very attentive. Such a lovely atmosphere and great you can take in the dog! I'll definatly be returning, especially when the sun comes out to sit in the lovely pub garden!

Hi Alice S,

The more dogs in the pub the better we say! I am so happy to know you had a lovely time at The Swan. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Came to the swan with a group of friends and loved it! Really quirky decor, friendly staff and lovely food (I recommend the celeriac gratin!!)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the way the pub is set up, a very friendly atmosphere and beautiful views of the Thames. Great service from all the staff and the food was amazing! Particularly enjoyed the crusted hake. My wife went for rack of ribs and portion size are generous to say the least, divine none the less. Great pub, great people. Will be returning :) ps. At the start was greeted by a lovely young chap by the name of Damian, despite all the commotion he managed to find us a space and keep us smiling throughout our entire visit due to his kind and attentive service :) see you soon swan