“Lovely evening!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, British, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening this week having a couple of beers and a meal with my fiancé. My burger arrived without the bacon and cheese I had ordered but, without prompting, someone came over and asked if everything was okay. When I explained, the waiter went upstairs and made sure that I got what I ordered. The staff were lovely, the food was really tasty (and reasonable) the only thing which let the whole experience down was listening to the manager shouting at the waiters and bartenders.

2  Thank Sophie W

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Many years ago this was a regular stop on my bike rides down the towpath,

When I visited last week the place had been refurbished and probably changed hands.

Still ok on sunday the roast dinners had pushed out the expected fish menu.

Service was slow but the staff were attentive and we had a free round of drinks to compensate.

Food was fine and we weren't in a hurry. The view is over the river and there were plenty of people and swans to watch.

Would certainly go again next time I'm in walton.

1  Thank david s
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Called for a couple of drinks whilst walking along the river. Sat inside and enjoyed chatting and watching the boats. The menu looked appetising and the prices seemed reasonable. Would try it for a meal when visiting in the future.

1  Thank Glenn G
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Went there with friends after the £400k refurbishment - looking for the craft beer bar and 30 gins. When we arrived they had no record of our booking but found us a table and fixed the wobbly leg. We ordered two Pinkaster gins - supposed to be with raspberries but served with strawberries. The TEA beer was off and the Tribute we had instead was cloudy - not a great advert for a 'craft beer bar'. From the menu the Wagyu burger was not available (on the Saturday evening of the long Easter weekend!) and we were told that the weekend specials which the menu promised were available every weekend would only be available on a month or so. We paid for our drinks and left. With their location and building they should be one of the most popular places around but they are getting so many things wrong. Never again.

3  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I actually have not visited yet but wanted to share the experience of trying to reserve a table.
After trying to book a table on their website, the online system indicated that the request had been taken, but booking was not confirmed! So I guessed I would receive an email for confirmation. After waiting a couple of hours I phne the restaurant to receive confirmation over the phone only to be met with some incredible excuses for not getting back to me with a confirmation:
1. I don't have access to your request now.
2. We are not an office, we are a pub and we do not sit at a computer writing emails (sic!)
2. We only check booking requests when we have time and this is usually not before 3 pm in the afternoon
3. But if you tried to book for tommorrow I can tell you that we are fully booked.
When I objected that it is not good practice to make customer wait for a response even when there is no table available, the man on the phone was extremely dismissive.
What a shameful response for a potentially attractive location.

1  Thank rlabell1