“Welcoming and tasty”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Very hospitable and welcoming. I recommend the salmon burger (even a gluten free bun option) or salmon fish and chips. The veggie burger is also very good. Check it out!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I attended a family gathering at the Green House Bar & Grill. A buffet was served for a wide variety of people - including several vegetarians. The food was consistently good and the staff was attentive and went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. Although the night was a little too cold to use the deck it does provide a place for smokers to go and a view of the water. All in all, I enjoyed my visit and I want to return as a regular customer when I get a chance.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

we had dinner there last saturday I had roast beef my partner had the trout .. they both were very dry Trout and roast beef were over cooked .. They also were not prepared for weekend guests they were out of alot of menu and wine items ,,, the staff was excellent though maybe a off night ,, we decided not to try the brunch the next day,,,

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Mayne Island is a great getaway any time of year, but people sometimes stay away in the off-season when it's peaceful and quiet because they think that summer's the only time of year when great services are available... wrong! We just bought a getaway place here and try to go out for a meal on every visit and we've not been disappointed yet. The Green House sign lured us in for Sunday Brunch. We were expecting a good breakfast in a nice old house but were amazed by the full gourmet buffet with a wide selection of fresh breakfast and lunch items and an amazing baked goods selection fresh from the local bakery. Many great dishes, but the frittata and spicy salsa chicken were particularly good and the staff were friendly and attentive. All for under $20 and, with a great view over Miners Bay, you can't go wrong... well, you could if you stuffed yourselves as much as we did and tried to go for a brisk walk after, but otherwise you can't go wrong.
...Mark

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Took 21 people in with a 1 hour lunch time.The chef and staff had us all out on time, with smiles. Raves as always from the group. Excellent food consistently. Priced right. Could use a bit more heat in the winter.