Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rhonda A
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Dec 2021via mobile
I had reservations for Captains quarters and Sea star on November 19th to 22nd. Due to the extreme weather and flooding we were unable to travel to the island. Thankfully the owners of both cabins gave us a 100 percent future credit due to the extreme weather.
We have stayed at this resort in the past and love it! We look forward to our upcoming stay.
Date of stay: November 2021
    AU$504
  • eDreams
36.9 km from Terrace Beach Resort
View more hotels in Ucluelet
All reviews terrace beach main floor beds were very comfortable loft cabin trail ocean hottub privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2021 via mobile

The location is excellent. Outside the cabin you see Terrace Bay. Always calm every time I've been there since it's well protected from ocean waves.
Another bonus is it's about a 5 minute walk to the Wild Pacific Trail, Lighthouse Loop. Highly recommended especially at low tide so you can venture out on to the rocky shoreline where you might find a treasure such as a washed up bouy or some bones from a seal.
The resort is very nice but I'm giving it a reserved rating, hoping that a few suggestions might be helpful.
It is a totally hands off rental meaning from booking online to departing the rental there is absolutely no human contact either via phone or email.
I did try calling the number listed on the website to confirm our rental but it kept dropping immediately. It did make me nervous since when booking the only email confirmation I did get was from an unknown site that only listed the date I booked and never listed the date I booked for.
We were never provided information on how to connect to the wifi so our data was eaten up big time. There were a couple of pages of rules in the cabin but sharing the wifi information was completely overlooked.
Check out was never explained. We thought maybe there was a key drop box where we found the envelope upon arrival near the office.
The only box around was a box of poop bags. Good to have but not what we were looking for.
We noticed a cleaning person and asked where we were supposed to put the key. She said to give it to her. (I hope we didn't give the key to some random person.)
We then mentioned that we didn't have any wifi password where she cheerily stated the user name and wifi. I asked her how were we to know that, where upon a questionable look came over her face.
I would stay again but my initial stay would have been a little less stressful had I known a couple of extra details.

Room tip: You must be comfortable with not having any direct contact with anyone. Not phone or email. Some people will not be comfortable with that.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2021

My wife and I haven’t had a good night sleep in 3 days since we arrived at the Terrace Beach Resort. Every night between 10PM and about 7AM there was a loud generator that started up that sounded like it was right under our room. Multiple calls at night to the “7x24”customer support phone number went straight to voice mail. If we did receive a call back the next morning, promises to “look into it” did little to stop the noise the next night.

The room costs us over $300 / night and it was a poor experience and not a good value.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

This resort has excellent access to terrace beach and close proximity to the wild pacific trail. The resort units themselves have lots of stairs and ramps to access the board walk units. If you have any mobility issues are trouble making numerous trips from the parking lot up stairs to the suites I would pass on this property. Also beware of nails and screws scattered around the parking lot from recent renovations.

Room tip: Check the highway road closer schedule during construction
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2020

I've been to Terrace Beach Resort 4 times, and each stay has been good, although some updating is needed and the sofa beds are in desperate need of upgrading. I had planned to book again this coming summer (2021) but upon inquiring, found out that the cost had doubled per night! Although the location is great, this is by no means a 5 start resort. They should also stop advertising that it is 'celebrity owned' as the Priestly family sold it summer 2020, which I presume has led to the absurd price increase. This is a 3 star accommodation at best, and now they are pricing it as a 5 star resort. Shameful. Will not be returning to Terrace Beach Resort.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank tanyacC3224OE
Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

We’ve been coming here for years as a couples cozy getaway, and have stayed in #24 High Tide.

But we will not be coming back
Of course Covid has changed things, but I think it’s actually new ownership that is really diminishing what a place this used to be.

Well we knew that we wouldn’t have access to the hot tub or the Jacuzzi, we don’t really understand the rationale as to why and none was provided. Especially since while in town I heard of other vacation rentals having use of their hot tubs. We specifically came here and paid more for the suite because of the private hot tub. There was also no discount offered for this.

All little extras were removed in the suite, including any access to DVDs, games or books. I don’t understand this, as if there was concern about “touching” but they didn’t remove light switches, faucets, railings or furniture. Felt extreme, and bare.
On previous stays, I was pleased that the kitchen was well stocked with things such as aluminum foil and Saran Wrap, and place mats.
We popped into the town’s Co-op to get these things.

I didn’t see any signs of new improvements, other than a poor lacquer job on the dining room table.

We’re also aware that rates have significantly gone up this is quite unfortunate, and apparently will go up further.

I will say that checking in during covid was contactless and super easy. Everything was clean and plenty of towels.

Bed was good but I could tell it’s getting older. Also the fridge is getting older, we had to adjust the temperature because it was freezing some of our food.

Overall a nice quiet place to stay, and we’ve made good memories here.

But I will not be recommending this place to my friends and family any more.

Date of stay: November 2020