Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kimberly S
Nanaimo, Canada

Good to know

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Oct 2021via mobile
The location is excellent. Outside the cabin you see Terrace Bay. Always calm every time I've been there since it's well protected from ocean waves.
Another bonus is it's about a 5 minute walk to the Wild Pacific Trail, Lighthouse Loop. Highly recommended especially at low tide so you can venture out on to the rocky shoreline where you might find a treasure such as a washed up bouy or some bones from a seal.
The resort is very nice but I'm giving it a reserved rating, hoping that a few suggestions might be helpful.
It is a totally hands off rental meaning from booking online to departing the rental there is absolutely no human contact either via phone or email.
I did try calling the number listed on the website to confirm our rental but it kept dropping immediately. It did make me nervous since when booking the only email confirmation I did get was from an unknown site that only listed the date I booked and never listed the date I booked for.
We were never provided information on how to connect to the wifi so our data was eaten up big time. There were a couple of pages of rules in the cabin but sharing the wifi information was completely overlooked.
Check out was never explained. We thought maybe there was a key drop box where we found the envelope upon arrival near the office.
The only box around was a box of poop bags. Good to have but not what we were looking for.
We noticed a cleaning person and asked where we were supposed to put the key. She said to give it to her. (I hope we didn't give the key to some random person.)
We then mentioned that we didn't have any wifi password where she cheerily stated the user name and wifi. I asked her how were we to know that, where upon a questionable look came over her face.
I would stay again but my initial stay would have been a little less stressful had I known a couple of extra details.
Date of stay: October 2021
Room Tip: You must be comfortable with not having any direct contact with anyone. Not phone or email. Some...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AU$840
    AU$865
    AU$865
  • Skyscanner.com
    AU$841
0.3 km from Terrace Beach Resort
Free parking
Ucluelet's Boutique Hotel - Award Winning Top Ranked - Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada
AU$626
  • Skyscanner.com
    AU$484
35.8 km from Terrace Beach Resort
View more hotels in Ucluelet
All reviews terrace beach main floor beds were very comfortable loft cabin trail ocean hottub privacy
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2021

My wife and I haven’t had a good night sleep in 3 days since we arrived at the Terrace Beach Resort. Every night between 10PM and about 7AM there was a loud generator that started up that sounded like it was right under our room. Multiple calls at night to the “7x24”customer support phone number went straight to voice mail. If we did receive a call back the next morning, promises to “look into it” did little to stop the noise the next night.

The room costs us over $300 / night and it was a poor experience and not a good value.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

This resort has excellent access to terrace beach and close proximity to the wild pacific trail. The resort units themselves have lots of stairs and ramps to access the board walk units. If you have any mobility issues are trouble making numerous trips from the parking lot up stairs to the suites I would pass on this property. Also beware of nails and screws scattered around the parking lot from recent renovations.

Room tip: Check the highway road closer schedule during construction
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2020

I've been to Terrace Beach Resort 4 times, and each stay has been good, although some updating is needed and the sofa beds are in desperate need of upgrading. I had planned to book again this coming summer (2021) but upon inquiring, found out that the cost had doubled per night! Although the location is great, this is by no means a 5 start resort. They should also stop advertising that it is 'celebrity owned' as the Priestly family sold it summer 2020, which I presume has led to the absurd price increase. This is a 3 star accommodation at best, and now they are pricing it as a 5 star resort. Shameful. Will not be returning to Terrace Beach Resort.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank tanyacC3224OE
Reviewed 11 November 2020 via mobile

We’ve been coming here for years as a couples cozy getaway, and have stayed in #24 High Tide.

But we will not be coming back
Of course Covid has changed things, but I think it’s actually new ownership that is really diminishing what a place this used to be.

Well we knew that we wouldn’t have access to the hot tub or the Jacuzzi, we don’t really understand the rationale as to why and none was provided. Especially since while in town I heard of other vacation rentals having use of their hot tubs. We specifically came here and paid more for the suite because of the private hot tub. There was also no discount offered for this.

All little extras were removed in the suite, including any access to DVDs, games or books. I don’t understand this, as if there was concern about “touching” but they didn’t remove light switches, faucets, railings or furniture. Felt extreme, and bare.
On previous stays, I was pleased that the kitchen was well stocked with things such as aluminum foil and Saran Wrap, and place mats.
We popped into the town’s Co-op to get these things.

I didn’t see any signs of new improvements, other than a poor lacquer job on the dining room table.

We’re also aware that rates have significantly gone up this is quite unfortunate, and apparently will go up further.

I will say that checking in during covid was contactless and super easy. Everything was clean and plenty of towels.

Bed was good but I could tell it’s getting older. Also the fridge is getting older, we had to adjust the temperature because it was freezing some of our food.

Overall a nice quiet place to stay, and we’ve made good memories here.

But I will not be recommending this place to my friends and family any more.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ssential
Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

Ukee in my mind is one of the best places on earth. The landscape here is absolutely breathtaking and the Wild Pacific Trail really allows travellers an opportunity to take in the stunning views of the rugged West Coast. We’ve stayed at a few other places in the area over the years but have chosen to stay at Terrace Beach Resort the last few trips out for a few very specific reasons. 1. We love that it’s located right next to the Lighthouse Trail, I could walk/jog this trail every single day and never get sick of it its so amazing!! 2. We love how private the outdoor space is with private hot tubs on many of the decks. Our last few trips here, sitting out on our private deck in our private hot tub was always the highlight of our trip. Even though they are older hot tubs we’ve always found them to be clean and well maintained. Sadly this trip all the hot tubs were in operable. Understanding how COVID is spread, we feel there is no reason at all why ‘private’ non shared hotubs should be in operable. I’m thinking there’s perhaps other reasons why TBR has chosen to not operate their much loved, sought after private hot tubs. Even though we weren’t able to use our private hot tub we still thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay in number 23, The Eagles Nest. We take pride in being fairly minimalistic and made good use of the very basic kitchen facilities and extremely clean bbq out on the deck. We ran out of coffee on day three and contacted the office to get re stocked but never heard back so went into town and purchased some really good freshly ground coffee from The Foggy Bean and just used a piece of paper towel for a coffee filter.
The biggest highlight this trip was having a beach fire two of the nights we were there taking in the super beautiful sunset. We also really enjoyed the Tofino Distillery as well as the neighbouring brewery, the Ukee brewery and walking to the end of the Wild Pacific Trail during stormy weather. We dined out once at The Blue Room, well worth the 40 min wait in line outside. All in all TBR is still of great value even without the use of our private hot tub. Our five day rate was a steal of a deal for sure. Until the private hot tubs are up and running again we will likely give some of the Airbnb’s in the area a try that have non shared private hot tubs in operation. Thanks so much TBR for another amazing memorable vacation.

Date of stay: October 2020