“Heavenly!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ucluelet
Terrace Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ucluelet
Costa Mesa, California
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

My best friend and I stayed at TBR for two nights on our Vancouver Island trip last week. We were absolutely thrilled with the place. When we arrived, it was 2am and pouring - we had just completed a 3 hour drive from Nanaimo (ferry). We were tired, soaked and feeling a little green after the hippy-dippy mountainous road into Ucluelet.

After locating the envelope with our key inside, we were quick to identify the location of the ramp. Truly, if my friend and I could find the ramp at 2am in the pouring rain I'm pretty sure it isn't "hidden" and I have no idea what was wrong with the people who were complaining about the stairs.

Anyway, our cabin (Morning Mist) was nice and warm - someone had been thoughtful enough to turn on the heater. We weren't privy to the view of the beach until the following morning, but boy was that beautiful! I regret that we were unable to hike down and see the beach. We loved the hottub and watched the sunset from our deck. We did go out and do other nearby hikes (Pacific Rim/Tonquin Park). Also, we hiked from Chesterman beach to Frank's Island at low tide and it was *thee* highlight of our Tofino/Ucluelet visit. We were recommended to go to Matteson's for breakfast the following morning and can recommend it to others - great food!

I loved the resort and its fishing village look - the owners obviously have good taste. I hope I have a chance to return with my husband, and so does my friend! All of our friends were envious of our hottub and view!

I chose this resort for our Ucluelet/Tofino stay because we wanted a cabin with a hottub. The beach and water view were a major bonus, and I wasn't willing to pay Tofino prices. There were a few neighboring resorts or Inns but this one met and exceeded every expectation of mine. I also thoroughly enjoyed Lorne's comments on travel reviews. I like an Innkeeper with a sense of humor and pride of ownership, which he clearly has.
A++++ Don't even hesitate - you won't be disappointed.

Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
Elst, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This resort has great cabins with good facilities. Our cabin had a great jacuzzi, two balconies and good beds. The bathrooms where nice. We had a great seaview. Tip: do the pacific wild trail: We saw some eagles a few meters away in the trees. Saw a Seaotter as well while walking along the coast! Good place with a nice service and good facilities.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've stayed here 3 times now, and every time I am thoroughly impressed!! We have stayed at #26-Tidal Pool & #25-Hummingbird. Both cabins are alomst identical...however if I were to pick one, I'd choose #25 the Hummingbird.
The cabins are ALWAYS spotless....which is #1 on my priority list. It is cozy and comfortable, with nice ocean views. The hotub is also a big plus for us....after all, vacation is all about relaxing :)
Ths sheets are cozy and the beds are firm...which I like...however my mom found them a little too firm....but nothing that an extra comforter on the bottem can't fix. The bathrooms are gorgeous and spacious, and the large dining room table is great for family games night. The only thing these cabins are missing is an oven.
The staff is super friendly and helpful. They are patient when customers bug them for directions to different tourist sites. The cleaning staff is great!! Make sure you TIP them when you leave. They work hard!!!!
The best part of this resort is the Pacific Trail which starts right on the property!! Most beautiful hike I have ever seen.
Book this resort....you won't be disappointed!!
Brandi from Nanaimo

Room Tip: The Ocean View lofts are the newest cabins...so recommend them!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
ldpriestley, Owner at Terrace Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate that you have stayed with us so many times. One thing we would like to bring to your attention is that we have a selection of mattress toppers for those who prefer a softer mattress. Mention this to any of our staff, and we will make up your bed with one of our toppers. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks Brandi. Regards, TBR.
Vancouver bc
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This review is a little delayed, but better late than never!

We stayed in the Sea Urchin #18 one bedroom loft April 22 - 24, 2011 with one pooch! A HUGE plus is that they are dog friendly, and rather than the usual $20-$25 per day charge, it's a $20 per pet per stay! It's situated right on a small cove with a beautiful beach area and hiking trails right off the beach! And the resorts just a short drive to Tofino, Long beach and Pacific Rim National Park.

Some of the suites overlook the beach and some have hot tubs - we opted for neither this trip, but would definately go for one of those rooms next time round.

I notice people complaing about the stairs - silly lazy people! There is a ramp around the back side of the building if you really need to wheel something up. It felt rustic and like it was built to resemble an old seaside fishing community on stilts! The stairs didn't bother us one bit!

The staff aren't on hand very late, but the units are equipped with everything you could need - it's not a spa resort, it's more like renting a cabin - with no wood chopping required! We found the staff to be super friendly!

We went in the off season so the prices were a bit lower, but I don't really think their prices are far off from all the other places in Ucluelet.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
ldpriestley, Owner at Terrace Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Hello Dawne and Travis: THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate it! Best to you both. Please do come back to stay with us again. From N&L and all of us at TBR!
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My partner and I booked a weekend in Cabin #8 - Surf Grass to get away from all the hustle and bustle of every day life. And what an escape it was! The service at the front desk was excellent - she walked us to our cabin, and after opening the door for us, let us make ourselves at home without any distractions. We immediately felt comfortable and cozy and wasted no time before jumping into the hot tub.

What we loved:
- The West Coast Wildlife Trail that took us out to the lighthouse and to some beautiful views. The trail was just minutes from our doorstep
- The jacuzzi tub that fit two people comfortably
- The privacy and the peace and quiet
- The candles and matches provided for us all over the cabin
- The thunder and lightening on our second night
- The playing cards, poker chips, and movies that we could borrow from the office.

What could have been better:
- We ran out of hot water on the second night. To be fair - one of us had already had a large bath, and a shower that day, so when we tried to have a bath together we had to wait for the hot water tank to fill up again. It took a couple hours, but was well worth the wait.
- The kitchen is really small, only two elements and no oven, so be prepared to plan your meals.

We will definitely be going back here!!

Room Tip: Cabin #8 is great - fabulous view and nice and private deck.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizfriday
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
34.1 km away
1.6 km away
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
2.4 km away
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites

Been to Terrace Beach Resort? Share your experiences!