My partner and I booked a weekend in Cabin #8 - Surf Grass to get away from all the hustle and bustle of every day life. And what an escape it was! The service at the front desk was excellent - she walked us to our cabin, and after opening the door for us, let us make ourselves at home without any distractions. We immediately felt comfortable and cozy and wasted no time before jumping into the hot tub.
What we loved:
- The West Coast Wildlife Trail that took us out to the lighthouse and to some beautiful views. The trail was just minutes from our doorstep
- The jacuzzi tub that fit two people comfortably
- The privacy and the peace and quiet
- The candles and matches provided for us all over the cabin
- The thunder and lightening on our second night
- The playing cards, poker chips, and movies that we could borrow from the office.
What could have been better:
- We ran out of hot water on the second night. To be fair - one of us had already had a large bath, and a shower that day, so when we tried to have a bath together we had to wait for the hot water tank to fill up again. It took a couple hours, but was well worth the wait.
- The kitchen is really small, only two elements and no oven, so be prepared to plan your meals.
We will definitely be going back here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terrace Beach Resort is located in Ucluelet, nestled between the two main sections of Pacific Rim National Park - the Broken Group Islands to the south and the miles of Long Beach to the North. With Beachfront Cabins, Ocean View Lofts, and a selection of suites we can accommodate your needs. Many of our 20 suites have a private hot tub on a private deck. Others have two person soaker jetted tubs. Most have propane barbecue, fully equipped kitchenettes. All have queen beds with Jersey Knit sheets, duvets, electric fireplace, TV, DVD player and free WiFi.Come Home to Terrace Beach Resort Ucluelet! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Terrace Beach Hotel Ucluelet
- Terrace Beach Ucluelet