“Absolutely Amazing Experience”

Majestic Ocean Kayaking
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the calm waterfront of Ucluelet Harbour. Drive through town and find us at the end of Marine Drive where it intersects with Helen Road. Our Majestic Ocean Kayaking business is located in a beautiful setting surrounded by cedar trees, wildlife and the calm waters of Ucluelet Harbour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My partner and I went kayaking while we were on vacation in Vancouver. We booked the trip months in advanced and the weather for the trip was not the best. The owners were very welcoming and accomodating. They provided us with appropriate clothing and gear for the kayak venture. Even though the trip, due to the weather, wasn't the best it was me and my partner's favorite experience of our trip tp Vancouver because of the hospitality of the owners and guide.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Majestic were willing to run a trip despite this being right at the end of the season when most others had turned me away. Although there was only one other guest on the trip with me, they paid attention to every detail and provided us with first class service. Kevin and Tracey answered all our queries before the trip started - despite the fact I was in the UK and she was in the USA and had never met!
The Broken Island group are spectacular but Ben, our guide, brought the ocean and its occupants to us and made us see things on land, in the sea and sky that we would have missed without his expertise. Every day was a new adventure. I loved every single minute, from the kayaking itself to the deserted island camping, the gourmet meals - I had no idea you could eat that well 3 days away from 'land' or pack that much kit into a kayak! - to the wildlife spotting (and the bonus storm watching day at the start!) and was so sad when the trip came to an end. I feel inspired to do other kayak trips because of how incredible this experience was - my only fear is that the next one will only be a disappointment as Majestic have set the standard too high! The B & B that Tracey runs at 'basecamp' is well worth a visit and I would highly recommend a stay here at the start or end of your trip.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I was on an August 2011 4-day Broken Group tour with Andy, our guide, and 3 other great paddlers. We had a an excellent time, great weather, great people, great guide, great paddling, great scenery, great food, great equipment, great setup. Did I say great? I have fished this area for 7 years and wanted to come back to paddle it some day. I finally did this year. And I cannot say it enough, our guide Andy was the tops!

Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was my third time on Vancouver Island´s west coast and the second time I went kayaking with Majestic Ocean Kayaking. Five years ago I chose the harbour tour (that was adventurous enough at that time - I remember we saw a lot of sea stars in orange, black, purple and yellow, and had a beautiful round trip). This time I opted for the day trip to the Broken Group Islands, and that was even better! I come from a rather densely populated area and above all I enjoyed the splendor of the scenery, the calm waters and wild life (bald eagles, Steller´s sea lions, seals, and even a grey wahle while we were transported to the islands). It also was great to watch deer while peacefully paddling around in a lagoon-like area between islands. This is such a beautiful place, even when the weather is not ideal!
We had lunch on one of the islands, our guides were very nice guys, and the informations about the area and wildlife we got from them were very informative . Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I was too busy with looking around and soaking in the scenery instead of taking many pictures, but that´s alright. Anyway, don´t forget your photo or film camera, or you´ll be sorry!
It was also nice to meet people from all kinds of places. Strangely, I had to go all the long way to Vancouver Island to meet guys who live only 50 kilometres away from my home town! This one-day kayaking trip was surely the highlight of my short stay in Ukee, aside from the hot jacuzzi afterwards when I returned to my cabin, a deadbeat but happy couch potato feeling like a heroic adventurer.
Tracy, you said your dog Forrest thinks everybody who comes to Majestic Ocean Kayaking is coming to visit him. And yes, should I return, I will surely visit him. Thanks for that great paddling experience!

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Four of us took the 2 hour harbour tour of Ucluelet. We found our guide very friendly and took he obviously took pride in his job. We had previous kayaking experience so he accommodated for our skill level, allowing us to have a great time. Although the tour itself is not hugely exciting, it is perfect for middle-of-the road kayakers looking for an enjoyable morning on the water while visitng the west coast.