“Real Chinese Food ”

Lee Yuen Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #351 of 928 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you enjoy seafood then treat yourself to a meal at Lee Yuen Seafood Restaurant in Surrey. Family-owned and operated for over 24 years, our restaurant provides diners with fresh, authentic Chinese cuisine. While we specialize in fresh seafood dishes, our menu also includes a number of other options, including beef, pork and chicken items. Our talented chefs have also created a wide selection of specialty dishes, inspired by personal and family recipes and sure to satisfy the hunger of any diner. Whether you're ordering dinner for the whole family or stopping by for a quick break from work, we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Looking at the reviews posted it is hard to understand why there is such a large swing in ratings. We have frequented Lee Yuen Seafood Restaurant for 7 years now.
We have always had good service and consistent quality food.
The only less favorable aspect is the decor.
The carpets are dirty and the style is from the 80’s.If you are able to look Past this and enjoy fresh hot reasonably priced dishes it will be a worthwhile stop in Surrey for Chinese food.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This restaurant location has been here for more than 40 years. The decor is still the same. I know why I haven't gone here all this time. The place looks unappealing from the outside and not much better inside. It is true, it is frequented by Chinese but I can't see why. We felt we were unwelcome from the start. We ordered very simple standard Chinese meals and can say the quality is substandard. The food was cold, bland and not fresh. The waitress we had was very unfriendly, looked miserable did not care if we were satisfied. The prices are high and the quality of the food and service low. Overall, this was a disappointment. I would question my sanity if I returned here again.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

After over 20 years of patronizing this business on my last visit I was accused of trying to get my meal free. I handed my credit card to the clerk while discussing my positive Trip Advisor review with the manager who knows be by name and sight. The clerk handed me back my card, the invoice and my order. I said good bye to the manager and left. The clerk came running after me and said I hadn't paid. I returned and asked her "What happened, you had my card? At this point the manager accused me of trying to steal my order. Never going back now and neither should you.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Tried the dim sum, fried rice, breaded chicken almond, spicy and salty squid, and garlic kaylan. Everything was delicious. Priced right, not too expensive, moderate. This place is mostly busy to reflect its price and quality. One of my favourite chinese resto.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I heard nothing but the best reviews on this restaurant. Ordered sweet and sour pork for pickup to go with My home made chowmein.Both containers had barely any sweet and sour sauce covering the pork. Very Dry! and definitely not fresh! Called to complain and received an opology. I can't imagine what the rest of their menu taste like and honestly, I don't want to know.