All reviews white rock peace arch pancake maker small hotel south surrey recommend this hotel room was clean hot tub the breakfast area border crossing king george highway front desk clerk free breakfast convenient location surrey area stay there again short stay
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I previously reviewed this hotel and I enjoyed my stays there in the past. This trip I found the hotel significantly upgraded. From the outside sign to the front entrance hall, it is a huge improvement. The breakfast section is now in the basement, with a larger space and hot items (egg beater eggs and pork sausages) as well as various breads, cereal, the same old pancake maker, and juice bar.

The rooms will be upgraded this summer, I was told but my room (301) was very comfortable and quiet. I hope they upgrade the AC/heating fan system though, as it is quite loud when on, and I also hope they start providing bath mats or rubberize the tub base, as it is quite slippery. As part of the renovations now, you have to use the front entrance only, as the back door and stairs are closed.

The staff, as always, were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I always ask for a top (3rd) floor room; quieter than the first floor rooms. Avoid the room behind the check in desk if you can; very noisy!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 16 June 2018

This is a great hotel! The breakfast room was spotless, and the food was excellent. Typical BW food options but with the added bonus of an individual pancake baker - how cool! The staff is great. We had a problem when my wife dropped one of her gold ear-rings down the bathroom sink. We contacted the manager as we were leaving for the day (returning that night) their maintenance man disassembled the p-trap and recovered the ear-ring. We are BW premier members and have seen some BWs that are sub-standard, but this one rates tops in our opinion.

Room Tip: ask for a room not next to the elevator shaft. It wasn't noisy, just makes the room area smaller
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Norm N
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is a couple of miles from the border crossing and very easy to get to. There were several restaurants and shops a short drive away. Room was clean and average size. Staff was helpful at check-in.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Juull
Reviewed 2 June 2018

We enjoyed our stay as usual at the best western peacearchinn.
Clean, nice room with great staff and a good selection for the breakfast.few restaurants at walk in distance. Good location close to white rock and the us border.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank liddersaav
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We stay here all the time, when we come to visit the in-laws, always nice. The hotel has just done some very nice renovations, always keeping the place looking great. The pillows are exceptional and the beds very comfortable

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family