“Great casual beach diner!”
Review of Hooked Fish Bar

Hooked Fish Bar
Ranked #15 of 917 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: South Surrey
Description: Located in the Crescent Beach area. Open 7 days a week 11 to 11
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Great selection and very good fish and chips and fish tacos. Excellent location right on the beach, indoor, out door seating or take out window to sit on the beach. Staff were friendly and service was quick. Prices were good. Great for families or couples and a nice selection of cocktails and beer.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

It's a good thing we arrived early for lunch. We had our choice of tables but within minutes the place was full inside and out. I ordered the gluten free fish tacos. They were great. My dad had the cod and chips (minus the chips). He substituted a green salad instead. Cod can be battered and fried or oven baked so lots of options here. Friendly staff. It was our first visit and we only picked it because the greek restaurant next door seemed closed. A happy find. Easy access for elderly, family friendly. Gets hot on the deck with the aluminum tables reflecting the sun.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Let's be clear, this isn't a fancy restaurant but the location near Blackie's Spit is as good as it gets. Howe Sound beer and super fresh grilled fish tacos. The BBQ pulled pork Poutine I could have done w/out - too much BBQ, not enough cheese.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Right on the beach in Crescent Beach.It was a quiet,warm & sunny evening & I took the family here for dinner.We got a seat on the patio & the 5 of us decided to share lots of different dishes;
We got fish tacos,they were excellent,the mussels were also very good,the coconut shrimp,not many but good & a little disappointed in the calamari,small order of little round balls on a lot of lettuce with a few sliced tomatoes & cucumbers in it.
The grandkids had chicken strips with fries from the kids menu.

They had a cool sign over the door that said if you were grouchy they would add $10 to your bill.
The one thing I was disappointed in was the cleanliness of their glass...........you are there to look at the beach & ocean & it has not rained here in 3 weeks & that glass was filthy & then I looked at the glass patio door & it was worse.
I hope that someone tells them soon to do some major cleaning of all their glass!
The service was excellent & very friendly.......I will go back again for the food & view!

1  Thank Caribemama
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We have only been to this restaurant once and had their fish and chips. They were excellent. The location is beautiful, right near the beach. I imagine in the summer it is packed and hard to get into.