“Worst stay in my life”

Grouse Creek Motel
Grouse Creek Motel
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathroom was dirty, the room was old, not heating or air con worked. You could hear everything from next door. I would not stay here again or recommend.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2016

This stay was good as far as the room is concerned, you get all you need for the basics such as fridge, microwave, clean and the wifi works well. The problem is the price, ended up being 170 dollars per night after tax which is a lot for what you get. We also asked for more face clothes and towels but never received these.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Fell asleep to the sound of gunfire:not.joking. When I asked to get out of my contract clerk said "no one else complained of hearing guns" and that "this hotel has great reviews... " The 1st towel I picked up had 3 different colour stains on it: nasty. Each night people screamed at each other in the next rooms. 130$ with tax per night! No fridge, not even a box of Kleenex! The air conditioning had no off button it had to be unplugged and the plug was black with grime. There was no dead bolt for the door, so I had to barricade it with the table so my son would feel safe.Brutal. There was also a stabbing here in 2013, google it...

Stayed: July 2016
3  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 25 February 2016

I require clean, affordable accommodation with work travel - and this is hands-down the best Surrey Central has to offer. Much better than Econolodge further south on King Geroge this is clean, no frills (meaning no coffee but yes a coffee maker) no-nonsense practical accommodation. Surrey has a lot of dives on this stretch but if you don't want to pay 100 plus, then this is the ticket.

Room Tip: I recommend a room in the rear. As well, being Surrey, bring your valuables with you when leaving th...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill R
Reviewed 20 September 2015

I suppose it's less expensive than other places nearby, and it's fairly central... but i came away feeling dirty and wishing I'd slept in my compact car at the ferry terminal. Each room we looked at was a little darker and dingier than the previous. Efforts we made to get our money back for the second night were unaccomodated. We woke up the second night to a young lady vomiting right outside our door (not the motel's fault but they are clearly attracting a specific clientel). It seemed that we were the only people staying there, that didn't live there.
Find alternate accommodations if possible.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business