“Great fondue”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2017

My kids and I stopped in after a day of skiing at Mt. Tremblant. The fondue was really nice and the service was friend. We'd go again.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We have been going to our favourite restaurant for over 30 years!! The fondue menu is great!! and the "Raclette" cheese is "out of world" fantastic!! The ambiance is superb and the owners, Melanie and Franc are the best managers of any restaurant we know of. It is fabulous for families and we would highly recommend this special little gem to anyone!!

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped with our family on our way back from Tremblant. We had the raclette, bourguignon (beef,pork and chicken) cheese fondue and chocolate fondue.

The food was good and the gentleman owner was pleasant. However, this is not a place for the budget traveller.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This place used to believe in quality first. Not anymore since the change in ownership. Service by an owner lady was minimal as she was more interested in chatting a nearby table. The onion soup was watered down stock with a few fresh onions slices. Tasted like cheese over water. The "original" swiss fondue did not taste like wine or kirsch like it should. Just undescript cheese. The bread was not crusty french bread as it should but a soft home made variety. The supermarket packages of fondue are better. In short, should have bought everything at the market and made dinner at home for a lot less $.

1  Thank Fer G
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

I decided to bring my family during March break to this iconic Fondue restaurant that my wife and I went to over 20 years ago.

We had reserved the Wednesday evening as their website indicated that they had a 17$ special on the Bourguignone fondue.

At our arrival we thought that the restaurant was closed since the poorly lit parking lot was empty and my wife and kids where struggling in getting the door opened. Once inside the restaurant, I quickly realized that this place had not changed a single bit in over 20 years! Same old decor, outdated decorations and the smell of a stingy old oil that filled the air. The waitress was not pleasant and somewhat rude throughout our dining experience. She quickly told us that the Wednesday night special was not valid because it was March break (What??!). I did not want to make a scene with the family so we decided to go "a la carte".

My wife and I took the Filet Mignon "Table D'Hote" which included the apetizer, desert & Coffee while my 2 kids took the Beef a Filet fondue only.

The place started to pack up which started to effect our service levels as our waitress was the only person on the floor.

We where coldly told that we could not have a small cheeze fondue for our apetizer which was not part of the Table d'Hote? and decided to have the raclette, and yes where coldly reminded that this was available for an additional fee!

Did I tell you that we where freezing in this restaurant? We had an elderly person in the group behind us that was constantly complaining on how cold it was!

My wife and I finally received our bubbling hot raclette cheeze that was served in (get this) COLD plates - guess what happened? The cheeze firmed up and instead of having delicious oozing raclette cheese we where using our knives to cut through the firmed up cheese.

Our fondue finally arrived and to my surprise the oil in the fondue pot was COLD! the waitress finally came back with a small hot oil pot that we had to share for all four of us - the issue we had was that the oil temp would drop once we had all our meat in the pot - beef would tend to boil in the oil instead of properly cooking. We should have been served 2 fondue pots given their sizes.

On to the desert! I inquired about the chocolate fondue and was quickly told that it was not (you guessed it!) in the Table d'Hôte! (I was asking myself if this a Fondue restaurant or what?)

Ordered the chocolate fondue for my 2 kids and I took the Apple pie "A la mode" which was served COLD.

When we where all set & done to total bill came to a whopping 275$ which included the tip and a low priced bottle of wine for a family of 2 adilts and 2 kids.

The highlight of the evening was our Beef Filet fondue which we all enjoyed.

Unfortunately the service where below par and our waitress NEVER came to our table throughput the meal to check-in with us if all was fine.

Anf get this - our waitress was to owner of the restaurant!

Wow, what a surprise.

I will certainly not set foot in this place for at least another 20 years - this restaurant needs a major makeover and must fix their service levels pr they will go out of business very soon.

My suggestion - steer clear from this restaurant and find another restaurant in the sourrinding area.

8  Thank RichardMctavish