See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We booked a special offer for 2 nights and we could not have been happier about it. The hotel is pretty standard with nice and clean rooms and a lovely view onto the harbour of Quellón. There is no mini-bar or fridge in the room but that was no real problem for us. The restaurant serves really good food compared to other places in town and the breakfast is fresh and tasty. The best thing about this place is definitely the service. Everybody was very caring and courteous which is why we enjoyed our stay that much.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I wouldn't even be writing a review about such an ordinary hotel as this, except that I was misled by the Lonely Planet review calling it a 4-star hotel. And some of the reviews below written a few years ago describe a hotel I don't recognize.
This is not 4-star hotel. This is a basic hotel with an attractive bar and patio. My room had a nice view of the bay with a window that opens. The walls/glass windows are thin, so there is unavoidable traffic noise from the busy highway below until late at night and television/people noise between rooms.
My room was clean but spartan. Aside from the soap, shampoo and towels, there were no other
amenities. It was empty of everything except the furniture and TV. There was a 4-page list of rules and regs, not friendly. There was cable TV with a limited number of channels. No in-room security box, as advertised. The wall hair dryer didn't work. The door does not automatically lock when you close it. Be very careful when you leave to lock the door after you. This is a typical 2-/3-star room in Chile.
There was no food service except breakfast. The breakfast was mostly processed sugar products and stale bread. I did have fresh fruit. There is, of course, NO coffee. Chile is the land of Nescafe. Typically 2-/3-star hotels do not offer coffee.
Maybe this hotel had WiFi back in 2009, as reported by one reviewer below, but it doesn't have it
now. And based on the lack of response from staff members (and the fact that the routers are powered off) they probably haven't had it for some time. I was directed to use a stand-alone computer up in a corner on the second floor. This is, again, a typical 2-/3-star scenario in Chile. No WiFi, as advertised, only a stand-alone computer with an erratic connection.
If you come to this hotel expecting 4-star service, you will be very disappointed, as I was. But if you're just looking for a clean and safe place to be for the night, you won't be (too) disappointed, probably.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I tried to get in contact with the hotel several times without receiving one single response. I tried to communicate in Spanish as well as in English, nothing. I even asked someone to write my questions I had in perfect Spanish, still no answer from the hotel. This is not the way a hotel should deal with a potential client at all. Andreas from Germany

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We arrives at one in the morning, drenched after a longish ride from Inio, and it was pure heaven. Clean hot shower. Warm soft bed.
After trekking Tantauco, you'll love it.
Excelent breakfast.
Service is oustanding. Lissette really frindly.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We were the only guests in the entire hotel the two nights we stayed here. Great choice for Quellon -- only negative comment would be the breakfast choices. Of all the hotels we have stayed in in Chile, this was the weakest breakfast in terms of choices. Packaged coffee -- a no no for coffee drinkers, but hotel ws modern and clean.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple