“Fabulous food and views”
Review of Lugger Inn

Lugger Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Polruan
Price range: USD 6 - USD 25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My father had a job to do in the pub and after a discussion with the manager he promised a return visit on a less formal occasion. We booked for the Sunday eager to see what he had raved about. Placed on the picturesque river side even a dull mizzley Cornish day couldn't spoil the views. The pub itself has a really warm welcoming atmosphere.
To start I had a beautiful prawn tom yum soup which was so flavoursome and a rather hefty portion. My parents had the nachos which again surpassed expectations with homemade nachos, picante peppers and all the trimmings- it was certainly enough for two! Myself and my mother had the carvery, all the trimmings of course and the beef was beautiful. You can certainly tell they home make everything with love because it was all fabulously seasoned. My father had the "whale and chips" that certainly didn't disappoint it was huge! And to top it off we had the treacle tart and brownies- all I can say was that it was -especially for a pudding lover like myself- heaven. The brownies were deliciously gooey, the salted caramel ice cream accompaniment was divine. I truly cannot wait to visit again and bring some friends to sample the truly scrumptious and locally sourced food. Bravo guys, I haven't a bad thing to say!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Been here loads of times. Didn't want to eat but whisky was great on cold windy day as we waited for ferry to polruan can see it approaching in the warm dry pub. Great staff friendly and welcoming

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

What a great pub, used by locals and visitors alike the staff are friendly and welcoming.

Dogs are welcome and it's such a great spot to watch the dramas of the Quay.

The food was brilliant superb specials board focusing on local produce. Chef is on hand to make personal recommendations.

If your in Fowey your missing a trick if you don't hop a across on the ferry to escape the metropolis!

We will return, thank you team Lugger

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Having had a great walk round Polruan we went into the Lugger Inn for lunch, knowing they were dog friendly. Quirky little pub but masses of character, and everyone was very friendly, menu had good choices and the fire was roaring. I had the baked Camembert and my husband had the bugger, Lola the dog was given a Boneo. Food was good quality, tastie and very reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Very good service highly recommended
Food excellent. Staff very friendly & helpful. Lovely setting, beautiful log fire and brilliant ambiance.

Date of visit: January 2017