Since this was my third stay in three years I've overcome the shock of the "school camp" nature of this luxury eco retreat. What I love about this place is that it reminds you of all the good behaviours you've eroded since your last stay and all the unhealthy behaviours you've adopted and convinced yourself don't really impact your health when they really do. It's a great reset. Bathing in rain water and eating freshly picked organic food with loads of herbs has such a dramatic effect on my health.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the facials are ok but not outstanding. They're always a bit disjointed ie lack that rhythm that experienced facialists have, so I never fall asleep.
I did the Journey and when the guided vision part wasn't working for me, as in nothing was come ng to my mind when the therapist kept asking me who was in my stomach, the therapist switched to giving me a mini 101 on somatic therapy. So basically half an hour of talking at me.
On NYE there was a ceremony where we walked around the labyrinth ( don't get excited, it's just rocks on the ground ) and put something that we'd picked up along the way that represented what we wanted to leave behind in an urn. Then we wrote it down on paper and burned it in a fire and sent what we want for the new year to our home address. It was well thought out but not for me.
Lastly they organised an amazing sound performance but we were lying down the whole time which was really uncomfortable for me and I put my back out.
Most importantly - the food! This has always been a highlight for me but I really noticed a change this time. There were a couple of highlights like all the breakfasts and the fish but generally speaking it had lost its gourmet edge. One night we ate the kind of hippy stuff that would scare a lot of people from going to a retreat - lentils and grated beetroot or something. Other dishes were boring or lacked oomph. The mushrooms and snow peas coated in brown stuff that had no taste were awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a world of busy, Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat stands apart as the destination to help you rest and revive and inspires you to live a healthier life. Whether you stay for a spa weekend over two nights or the popular detox program over seven days, you will connect with supportive professionals who will teach you resilience in the modern world.Australia's award winning lifestyle retreat is surrounded by ocean and valley views in the Gold Coast hinterland, with exceptional facilities including the stunning Spa Sanctuary, one of the largest spas in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy delicious organic cuisine, an extensive range of activities and stylish accommodation including luxury villas. Gwinganna.....for the rest of your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Hotel Tallebudgera
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat Australia/Gold Coast - Tallebudgera