“My Happy Place”

Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tallebudgera
Reviewed 14 October 2016

I did the 7 day detox last month. It was my second visit having first visited 16 months prior. I cannot recommend Gwinganna more highly. Once again I was able to rejuvenate and renourish my body and soul. The food is fantastic and plentiful, the accomodation more than adequate, and the staff are amazing. Everyone will connect with different people but for me, Donna and Ally are very special individuals.
It is so far removed from my corporate world and provides an environment and an opportunity to remember what's really important in life.

Gwinganna is my happy place and I'll be back next year !

PS: If I could offer one bit of advise - don't charge for the takeaway lunch. It's provides an unnecessary negative talking point in our final hours.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark H
Gwinganna, Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear Mark H

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on your Gwinganna stay. We are so pleased your second visit was a positive experience and the staff will be thrilled to read your review. Our aim is to create a dedicated wellness environment on the beautiful property we have to help people switch off and slow down and come back to base, focusing on their health and wellness.

For lunch on the final day, we provide this complimentary as with all meals at the retreat unless guests wish to order an extra lunch pack for the flight home.
Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

I've just returned from a 4 night stay at Gwinganna. As always, I read the negative reviews on TripAdvisor to help me with my stay. I noted people complained about the establishment being money hungry, going downhill in their offer, the expense etc. I can be quite critical and was really concerned I'd quickly find things not to like about a place like Gwinganna however on arrival was pretty quickly swung in to a peaceful sense of calm that not much was going to phase me either way! I could not fault the food, the service but most of all the purpose. Yes it is a business, but their passion for the greater good shines beyond all. Gwinganna really is a little slice of heaven on earth & for those open minded enough to give anything a go, there is so much benefit up for grabs. Gwinganna educated me about health, wellbeing and my mind, nourished me with hands down the most beautiful food on the planet, and nurtured me with their most amazing caring and generous staff. I've travelled the world and paid a lot more than Gwinganna rates for just a room. Bare in mind if you're thinking it's a lot of money, where else can you pay one rate and receive total care (all food included, daily seminars, activities, plus some gorgeous Spa treatments). If you're reading this and thinking about going; my advice is that you truly deserve it and lock that thing in & never look back!!
Note: don't be apprehensive about a solo trip. People are understanding if you don't want to be social & there are also plenty of other people up for being social if that's your thing too. I made some gorgeous friends and hope to keep in touch after expecting I'd go and keep to myself!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Carlita29
Gwinganna, Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Carlita29

Thank you for your wonderful review of Gwinganna. We are truly grateful and the entire team will be thrilled to read about your experience. Every week we strive to inspire guests towards wellness and living a healthier life.
Its very true that so many guests choose to come and visit on their own. This can allow them to embrace the environment and recharge with us and still make lasting connections with other guests at the retreat.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.
We wish you wellness.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

My husband and I travelled from NZ to do the 7-day detox programme. I was sceptical about how my husband would go but he loved it (and so did I) and it did us the world of good. Should have gone years ago. Loved the early morning Qi Gong. The lectures were extremely good, informative and entertaining even though the subject matter was not light. Food good and plentiful. Lots of exercise but so varied, there was something to suit everyone. Our accommodation in the Mediation suites was superb. Would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rose M
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I stayed at Gwinganna a few months ago for a 7-day detox and I can't speak more highly of the place! I have a fast-paced job and having some time to relax but also exercise and work on my health was wonderful. The food was amazing and I'm now trying all the meals from home from the recipe book. The staff love what they are doing and are passionate about helping people, and it really shows. I am going to try make it over from New Zealand yearly (even if it is just for a weekend!) for some much needed time out.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank hannab55
Reviewed 22 September 2016

My third time and the last. Each time it gets less impressive. Lots of cost cutting. No bath salts, cotton buds or cotton wool in the villas anymore. Food has become mediocre and plated differently for each guest. Some generous portions others barely enough. Cooking class recipes the same as 18 months ago. Fridges in rooms not turned on on arrival. Unhappy moody staff. All this and more for $1,000 per day.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank Danielle65
Gwinganna, Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear Danielle65

Thank you for your review. Naturally we are very disappointed to read about your experience. We remember your stay well and we believe we did everything to respond to your requests. Our villas are premium accommodation as you know, however we have never provided bath salts or cotton balls. This has not changed at all.

We constantly receive exceptional feedback on our meals which are created by our chef and a nutritionist and constantly reviewed, including for guest satisfaction. We also receive very positive comments on the portion sizes and abundance of food on offer so we are sorry to hear you did not agree. We noted your disappointment about the cooking class during your stay and hope you enjoy the additional recipes our head chef personally delivered to you prior to departure, along with the additional recipes sent to you after your stay.

We have never had our staff called moody and no other guests that week gave this feedback. The staff are committed each day to doing their very best for each guest.

Contrary to your comment, the retreat is constantly evolving and updating, investing more each year into improving the guest experience. Just this year we have added five more premium rooms, new bespoke amenities and further refurbishments in the dining room.
Wishing you wellness.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallebudgera
23.9 km away
23 km away
Meriton Suites Southport
23.9 km away
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat? Share your experiences!