“AMAZING RELAXING RETREAT”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tallebudgera
Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tallebudgera
Reviewed 2 July 2016

This has to be the best retreat. It's so good I am lost for words. To summarise best surroundings, best accommodation, best food, best spa, best facilities and support by friendly specialised staff making it the best experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank favfoodforelsie
There are newer reviews for Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Awesome week surrounded by incredible nature, nourishing food, fun and challenging activity, wonderful dynamic people and lots of r&r. I've left with 18 intentions to action over the next 3 months to make a healthier best me. Thank you Gwinganna. See you in another 5 years.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the 5 day program immensely and a month later still feel the benefits. Situated in Tallebudgera Valley with views of the entire Gold Coast each day starts with Qi gong as the sun rises. There are many different activity options available like hard or easy walks, organic gardening talks, Pilates, spin and stretch classes, cooking lessons, deep water running or a game of water polo. My favourite was the Equine assisted learning where you spend the entire morning working with 2 beautiful horses to learn about yourself under the guidance of Sue.

The daily seminars present information health and lifestyle information, they were always interesting. The presenters are so passionate and glowing with health and vitality themselves. I didn't agree with everything presented but have lots I've incorporated into my lifestyle.

The food is truly amazing, top quality produce beautifully cooked and presented. Its gluten, dairy free and no coffee but didn't miss it. Almost too much food, fruit platters, granola or pumpkin porridge and hot meal for breakfast.

After lunch it's time for spa and health treatments, the menu is extensive and next time I'll book ahead so I don't miss out.

I enjoyed the meditation classes held before dinner. I got to meet most of the 65 guests during my 5 days as some meals have seat allocation and others you choose.

Everything is optional at Gwinganna so do as much as you feel like, just being there is soothing.

My room in the Orchard suites was quiet, huge, very comfortable and spotless.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Palmbeachgal
Gwinganna, Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Palmbeachgal

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am sure your story will assist so many who are considering a visit. Like you, we love our location with ocean and valley views and the morning Qi gong is such a highlight for so many guests. We try to continually evolve and offer a diverse range of activities and of course the information in the seminars is often life changing. We are so glad you enjoyed these elements.
Chef will be very happy to know you enjoyed the customised, nutritious food.
Many guests also tell us that meeting other like-minded people enhances their experience, especially with our set arrival dates so that guests are not coming and going during your stay. With such a large property even with maximum guest number of 64, it allows everyone plenty of space to relax an have quiet time to themselves.
Thank you again and we hope to see you return one day soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

The week I spent at Gwinganna recently was one of the best experiences of my life. I was one of the older guests! I loved and embraced every minute. I would recommend it for everyone on this planet. The staff are amazing, could not fault any of them. The lectures were informative and the presentations had us all enthralled. I loved the humour thrown in as well. They are all so professional, their knowledge and education is second to none. The exercise regimes were designed for all levels of fitness plus an array of other fun activities, dance, yoga, meditation and wellness appointments to participate in. The organic garden, orchard and bees were amazing. There was plenty of delicious organic food and by the end of the week we all felt like a family.
Last but not least the Spa ..... Absolute heavenly treatments!
Ruth

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Gwinganna, Manager at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Catfudge

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and provide such a valuable recommendation. We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience and all our team will be thrilled to read this. With a large and diverse team of experts here we know it is vital that we all share the same vision and focus for our guests.

The wellness seminars do provide exceptional relevant take home information and so many guests tell us about the positive lifestyle changes they make after they return home.

Once again thank you for your review, we wish you wellness and happiness until we see you again.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at Gwinganna and thoroughly enjoyed it. Set in the hinterlands it is so beautiful and peaceful with plenty of natural habitat surrounding. We stayed in one of the new Meditation Suites overlooking the billabong and it was just divine.

We were there for the Optimum Wellbeing program and we just loved everything about it. The staff, facilities, food and activities were all great and we took the opportunity to experience new things. I particularly loved walking around the organic gardens and the wealth of information Shelley had to share was an inspiration for me.

For us we loved the food trying many things we previously thought we didn't like. However I can understand for some they may find the food not to their usual taste. It can be particularly hard when you are suffering from withdrawals from coffee and sugar but this is usually quickly over. The staff are fantastic at helping you through any symptoms you may be experiencing.

There is never any pressure for people to attend any of the activities but we found we wanted to participate and enjoy new things.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to visiting again in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Macca2610

Dear Macca2610

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay. As you may have seen at the retreat many guests visit on their own, but couples also get a great range of benefits from sharing this time together.

We are very pleased to read that staff were helpful particularly when guests may not be used to being without caffeine during their stay. The opportunity to enjoy fresh, healthy, organic wholefoods at the retreat can often help guests understand how good they can feel.

It is important as you said to only do as much as you wish and while most guests participate in many of the activities and sessions on offer, taking time to rest and enjoy the environment we have is also very valuable.

Thank you again for choosing Gwinganna. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallebudgera
20.2 km away
19.7 km away
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast
#8 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat? Share your experiences!