“life saving, life changing”

Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tallebudgera
Reviewed 20 December 2011

What an amazing week - I had never done anything like this and was a ittle nervous at first. The whole place and the staff though make you feel better just by being there. I have had a tough year like so many others and this has really helped me see my way forward. Can't thank them enough. Do it, you will have a wonderful experience. The food is so good and the spa treatments, sublime. These are special people in a special place - great holiday! Thanks

8  Thank KCM44

Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed for a 3 day stay. I was a little worried when my confirmation of my booking never arrived before my arrival and I had to call them to confirm. When I arrived at Gwinganna Reception, they advised they would have someone from their "Work Experience Team" (traveller) to show me to my room. Waiting for what seemed like some time I had to ask again for someone to show me to my room. Finally I was shown my room and it was so small and pokey I called and asked to be moved. I was also a little concerned that I was advised to arrive for an orientation at 6.00 pm where I could place my "name tag" on me for the duration of my stay. I had booked in 2 weeks prior for the "equine therapy" but at 9.00 pm the night before it was to happen I was advised that it would have to happen at 7.30 am the next day and I would have to miss out on breakfast and all the other exercises I was going to partake in. I must say that experience was fantastic and would highly recommend it. In fact I would recommend all the experiences, Kay and Adam who took the various classes were fantastic. What let it down was the use of a lot of "work experience staff". There were often more of them then paid staff or that is what it appeared. The food was quite good but I did feel it was quite minimal. I admit it was my first time at a health retreat and I am quite lean but I thought it would be a little bit more generous. The Spa has 33 rooms and while offering many services, it did feel like "next please" and I had 2 treatments and did not enjoy them for their sloppiness! I do agree with many people who have written you have a lightness when leaving, a lot to do with no phone, no tv, no papers and simply being in a beautiful location. Congratulations to Kay and Adam as they live and breathe what they do. Reception leaves them down. I think what really upset me was when I had a flat battery and they said they would tend to it and then forgot to do so I had to call RACQ to come out, then a "work experience" person arrived to ask if she he knew someone who could do a dodgy pink slip for her car and was quite rude to me.

Room Tip: Get a large room with north facing
15  Thank kerryevolait528934
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I spent 2 weeks recently made up of 2 day spa weekend a 7 day detox and a 5 day well being period. I had my last cigarette at the airport before arriving and have not touched one since and I lost approx 8 kgs during this time.The food was great most of the time the only problem was blandness but that could have been my tastebuds.The staff were fantastic...friendly accommodating and above all compassionate and caring. I had a lot of fun during this time but that is in my nature to not take things too seriously and enjoy life.However I did come to realise that there are alot of reasons people have to spend time at such a resort.I would recommend Gwinganna to anyone who has a weight issue or a stress issue or simply wants to re focus on life.Thanks ans see you same time next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank sam c
Reviewed 10 November 2011

When I drove up the long driveway to the main gate I knew that I had come home again. This was confirmed by the reception given to me by the friendly staff," Welcome Back Greg, it is great to see you again".

The spa,the food & the activities are great but it is the staff that make the difference,They are amazing.

2  Thank Flooded_out
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This was my fourth visit to Gwinganna in four years. I have visited solo, with a friend and with my sister and this time with my husband. Each experience was slightly different but all shared one common feature - I left with an extraordinary lightness of being. It is such a pleasure and privilege to be around the Gwinganna staff, in a beautiful natural environment, eating stunning food which makes you feel so vital and pampering yourself with treatments and massages during dreamtime while learning cutting edge information about health and nutrition. You can ease into the experience ith a short program like the weekender or the women's retreat or throw yourself into a longer detox program if you are looking for a more radical shift.

Room Tip: If you are solo, try the Heritage rooms which are charming and quaint but note the showers are often...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank traceyj1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallebudgera
23.9 km away
23 km away
Meriton Suites Southport
23.9 km away
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat? Share your experiences!