“Very stylish setting”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Located within the Ephraim Island marina residential development this restaurant is stylish, bright, contemporary and has recently undergone a revamp. Undercover outdoor area, right next to the marina, is shaded by the building so quite cool and breezy even at lunchtime on a sunny day.

Modern bar area perfect for Friday night drinks and a couple of comfy sofas in a corner. Interior is open and bright with floor to ceiling bifold doors on two sides. Tables had linen cloths. Serviettes where (high quality) paper.

We where welcomed by a very cheerful and pleasant young lady.

Lunch special main meal $15 or $20 with a glass of wine.

No vegetarian options but she suggested several they could adapt.

Despite only one other couple our meals took 30 minutes to arrive.

My friend had a smoked salmon Ceasar salad. Ample salmon and decent anchovies. Poached egg timed perfectly. I had the same minus the fish. Other friend selected the fish and chips. Slightly dissapointing. Two strips of fish, mostly batter and slightly overcooked. No salad, not even as garnish.

Presentation of meals was very good.

When it came time for coffee, I joked finding a descent soychino was tricky. Waitress said she drank soy too so we needn't worry - she was right.

She let us know they where trying some new ideas like drinks and tastings so we should come back and visit.

Would have rated it very good but the lack of choice and the wait let it down.

1  Thank Mozie_Bear

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We have eaten here many, many times over the span of 6 years, from when the restaurant was known as Darcys & have found it to be consistently of a high standard. It has remained in the same family but changed names & the menu a little over the years. The food is delicious & portions are large. Service is prompt & friendly. It is lacking in atmosphere a little I feel. At one stage they had a pianist playing there which added some gaiety but now its just quiet music, maybe due to it being in a residential zone. If you want a delicious meal at a reasonable price try it, I've never been disappointed. Weekends are better for more atmosphere/people, and weekdays if you want a quiet meal.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I've been a couple of times and it's been simply outstanding! A foodie friend and I did the Degustation Menu a month or so ago which was simply amazing. I took the family on Christmas Day and they backed it up again. Very classy dining, with superb food and great service! James Brady (Chef) is x Vue de Monde in Melborne so the food is great and your host Julian Alfieri ensures service flows seemlessly. I'm a Wine Sales Rep with over 15 years experience so I've seen a restaurant or two! Do yourself a favour and try this restaurant! 5*

1  Thank DBF1967
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My first impression was that the menu was well priced. Then when my steak came out I could see why. There was only a piece of steak and some sauce on my plate. Absolutely no sides. Food was ok. Service was average.

1  Thank Yvettesaf