“Decent”

Sima Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 46 Restaurants in Gibsons
Reviewed 6 November 2019

Decent and consistent food and service.
The place is in dire need of TLC and cleaning.
The prices reflect the above.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 10 October 2019

I their defense it was a very busy night. My dinner was good. A bit pricey for what I got but I'm from the mainland and everything on the SS Coast seems high to me.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 22 March 2019

We were visiting friends in Gibsons and this place was recommended to us. Unfortunately, this may have been the worst Japanese I've experienced. I will say the service was friendly and timely, and the restaurant was fairly typical in decor. My daughter had the French Kiss roll and while she really enjoyed it, the rest of our meals were not good, in fact we left much of it on our plates and declined a doggy bag. We will not stop here again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 28 September 2018

We have been to Asia many times and have eaten at other Japanese restaurants. The spices and sauces were not up to our standard and were quite disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered the salmon and tuna sashimi which was very fresh and good. I also had two rolls one yellow tail and scallion which lacked scallion and it was very tasteless and I had another roll, can't remember which one but I think it had eel and salmon it had too much red Korean hot sauce. I would try this place again and try something else.

Date of visit: May 2017