“Absolutely delightful!”

Chasters Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chasters Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Gibsons
Price range: USD 9 - USD 39
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the best dining experience on the Sunshine Coast at Chasters Restaurant - featuring scrumptious seasonal specialties, delightful desserts, signature drinks, attentive service and stunning ocean views in a smart casual atmosphere... Summer Hours: Wed - Sun 05:30 PM - 09:00 PM Winter Hours: Thu - Sun 05:30 PM - 08:30 PM DECEMBER 24, 25, 26: CLOSED JANUARY: CLOSED - We will resume regular hours of operation on February 8, 2018. We will open on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 for Valentine's Day. Regular a la carte menu will not be available on this day. Reservations for this event are required. -Reservations are suggested-
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I ate here twice during my stay at Bonniebrook Lodge. This restaurant is on-site below some of the lodge rooms.

It has both a patio and inside dining both with amazing views of the waters edge. If the patio gets chilly they will offer small blankets.

On to the food .... wow! The Chef at this restaurant really takes pride in his work and his passion for good food shows. Every morsel is delectable. I had the duck on the first night and it was cooked to perfection! The celeriac puree was to me a dish in itself (I asked and received more the next night!). On the second night I started with the crab souffle... light yet so amazing! Then had the rack of lamb crusted with herbs (and more celeriac puree).

The staff are all very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. There is a different time line on the coast so sit back relax and enjoy some amazing food! My compliments to the Chef on this one!

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Dinner here is always excellent but this summer they have opened for lunches on the weekends. It was not the best day to sit on the deck but we could enjoy the view across the Strait from our seat by the front window inside and enjoy a leisurely lunch.
The soups, as always are superb here. The grilled vegetable sandwich was fantastic, on in house made bread, with lovely fresh made pesto in it, and some extra on the side. The dressing on the house salad, and the salad with the sandwich was so tasty and the fresh crisp greens were wonderful. The sandwich came with some in house made chips/crisps which was a beautiful treat. We finished off our lunch by treating ourselves to a dessert and they were melt in your mouth delicious treats! Their superb food continues in the lunch offering.

Enjoy a lunch here during the summer as it is just a very refreshing way to have a time out after a busy week.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

One forgets about the attractions in our own neighborhood, but when friends come over to visit from afar, we love to reacquaint ourselves with some of our local treasures, and Chasters Restaurant, in the secluded Chaster Beach area. We were rewarded with somewhat sunny skies, and wisely chose the outside seating area @ a private corner in the shade. Wait staff were awesome and of course the presentation & quality of all our dishes were first-class. The 3 course "Table d'Hote" meals represent terrific value, but regardless, no matter what you order you will not be disappointed. I had the pork tenderloin and another in our party had the 6 oz beef tenderloin and both were prepared to perfection. The added bonus of watching the seals frolicking in the waters across the street while cruise ships and ferry boats floated past throughout the evening made for the ideal backdrop in this quiet setting. Enjoy

4  Thank Bruce L
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I have just posted a review about this restaurant under Bonniebrook Lodge thinking that was the restaurant site , it is the same establishment but the Lodge is the accommodation side .We did not stay there but if the accommodation is anything like the evening meal then it must be truly wonderful. As stated in my other review the food is cooked to perfection and the price is very reasonable for the quality , I actually had a 3 course meal for $39 as the special offer and it was great, plenty to eat and nice vegetables to accompany, unlike some fine dining establishments where you have to hunt for any vegetable on the plate Chasters serves a reasonable portion of vegetables .I had pork tenderloin as a main and thought that I may get a smaller portion since it was in the special 3 course price but there was plenty , my wife had duck and my son and his girlfriend had fillet steak , all cooked to perfection. Wonderful views, quick and friendly service -you are made to feel welcome as soon as you enter. Cannot fault anything , there cannot be many better restaurants on the Sunshine Coast or indeed in Vancouver with this quality of food at a such relatively reasonable prices and in such an excellent location.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

This is my favourite place to eat in Gibsons. Its expensive. So we only go on special occasions. The setting is also very nice. In the summer you can sit on the deck looking out to the ocean.They also have accommodations.