USD 112
Welcome Inn(Swan Hills)
USD 76
Hillcrest Motel(Swan Hills)
USD 65
Swan Hills Hotel(Swan Hills)
USD 50
Grizzly Motel(Swan Hills)
USD 59
All reviewssouproom was cleancustomer appreciationyogurtnice hotelcontinental breakfastwould definitely stay here againexcellent staffwaffle machinehamfamily suiteplace to staymain floormoviecanadadeskwednesday
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Booked through a third party site. When i arrived, they made me cancel the booking to use their system. Probably to remove any discounts. Then after checked in, rest of night was uneventful. But in the AM, housekeeping knocked on our door at 8am, and with two kids and a baby, this was very inconvenient. When the worker looked at me shocked because she had just woken everyone up, i replied not now, but come back later. After a couple of hours we left, thinking the room would be cleaned. When we returned, it was not, and one of the workers had placed a DND tag on our door for us. Not sure why, because we still had our DND tag on the inside of our door, but I suspect it was so they would not have to clean our room. We had much better experience at the Super 8 up the road. Wont be going back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the Lakeview Inn without a reservation and after travelling on a road with black ice we were more then happy to get a room at this location. The young man at the check in was very helpful, the room was clean and the bed was so comfy it was the best sleep I had during this trip of being on the road for the last 4 days. The breakfast could have been tended to better as there seemed to be no one monitoring and the hot food was lacking being filled.

Regardless of the breakfast I would still recommend this location .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Room was clean and very comfortable. This was my first time traveling with my cat and we had absolutely no issues staying here. Continental breakfast was good too.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I travel to Slave Lake for business at least 2-3 times a year. I normally stay at the Holiday Inn. They were fully booked so I tried this hotel.

The rate is good, room is standard and clean, but the wifi is terrible. You have to login every time you leave your room on one of those 3rd party websites with a password.

The door lock on my room was not functioning correctly. Had to call the on call maintenance guy to get me into my room. after several attempts to use new & different key cards, Front desk lady was quite agitated and made me feel like i was putting her out. Then the next night the same problem occurs, she tells me she can't call maintenance after 9:00 pm and when i say this is unacceptable, she starts giving me a hard time about being upset that this is happening. When i finally get into my room she looks at me like i don't know how to use a room key. It didn't work for her, the first 3 times she tried and had to use a master key to open the door!

I will never stay here again. The "free breakfast" is basically toast and cereal and really bad coffee. Hope you like coffee mate...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

On Dec 16, 2017 we stayed one night at Lakeview Inn. Nice hotel with a decent breakfast. When we booked we directly called the hotel so no 3rd party was used. The first question we asked for was a pet friendly room and we was told yes. They asked how many pets and I had stated we had two dogs and exactly what they were. When the booking was done they quoted us $107.91. When we booked in we had asked for a late check-out and the girl stated it can be noon so we also took that. At 11am the next morning the phone rang and they stated we was suppose to leave by eleven and I had said we asked for a late check-out and the girl said it had not been recorded for the request but it will be fine. When we did check-out the girl then asked if we had told them we had pets and we stated yes and she immediately said we wasn't charged for it and that she would have to charge us another $25.00 per pet which in a normal situation is fine but wasn't quoted to us in the first place and so I stated no, we was quoted this and she could not charge us extra. She then became very rude and demanded we paid it. We asked to speak to the manager and this is when we spoke to Ruth. She stated that she would cut the cost in half but needed to charge it because of the extra cleaning required for the pets. My pets never left a spot but ok. We still refused because we were quoted. At the end they did not charge us but the girl at the front desk stated we would marked as an issue. We have found this hotel to have very difficult and unfriendly staff. It's ashame because it's a nice hotel and we've had a hard time to find a nice hotel in Slave Lake. My son lives there and I stay at hotels there alot.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Ruth S, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Slave Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Hi Wayde I have already spoken to you personally to resolve this misunderstanding about the rates that was quoted to you by the Front Desk and I was under the impression that this was already resolved but I guess you want to make it public so I will have to state also some facts you did not mention in this review. When you checked-in, you did not bring your pet with you and you never once mentioned to the front desk that you have a pet. Something that a guest should also have the responsibility of mentioning upon check in as you know for sure THERE IS NO PET FRIENDLY HOTEL that does not charge PET FEES. We always ask the guest to sign a pet policy upon check in which states that there are maximum 2 pets allowed per room and $25.00 for each pet. But because you NEVER even mentioned to front desk just to confirm that you are bringing in a pet, our front desk was not aware you actually have one. Review of the security cameras show that you guys are always using in the side entrance when going in and out of the hotel. And even when you checked out you also never informed the front desk you had a pet were it not for the housekeeping who saw you checking out and going outside with the pet using the side door. My front desk was politely explaining to you that there are pet fees, but you are being difficult and insisting you were quoted only $107.91. The front desk who booked you had said the total room charge was $107.91 plus the pet fee. If you think that $107.91 includes the pet fee of $50.00 I find that very funny! You should have at least doubled checked why it was so cheap, clearly you have misunderstood was said to you.
Now, I have talked to you and apologized for the misunderstanding and said I will charge you for 1 pet instead of 2 but you were clearly rude. So I gave you the pet charge for free because I see no point in arguing with someone who was clearly trying to get away with the pet charges in the first place. WE HAD NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WITH CHARGING PET FEE EVER. That is because guests with pets know that it takes a lot more to clean their rooms once they check out and that pet fee covers for all other expenses such as carpet shampooing etc. And the fact of the matter is, you did have pets and you availed of that pet friendly room so you should pay the pet fee regardless of what was quoted to you. I just want to explain our side as well because we work hard at providing excellent service all the time and I'm proud of my staff for always giving the best customer service. I hope that I have made our side clear as well. If you need to talk to me, please don't hesitate to call me. Thanks and have a good day!