I waited too long to book lodging and chose the Great Divide Lodge based on availability. The pictures on their website made it look great and when I called for reservations, I took the parade to the "newly remodeled" room with a view of the mountains and lake. The view was of a small lake on the other side of the highway and the surrounding peaks but the room was definitely not updated other than fresh paint. The bed was squeaky and the mattress was very uncomfortable. The room got stuffy and the only means of cooling it off was to turn on a small fan and open the sliding door and risk letting in the mosquitoes. I did not get much rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Kicking Horse Pass and Continental Divide in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. We are the gateway to 3 of Canada’s national parks and over look Wapta Lake on the British Columbia side of the majestic Canadian Rockies. We're just 10 minutes from the world class skiing and snowboarding at Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia APAC so you can book your The Great Divide Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great Divide Hotel Field
- West Louise Hotel
- West Louise Lodge
- The Great Divide Lodge Canada/Field