“Best tempura served here.”

Wasabi Sushi & Grill
Ranked #53 of 199 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Description: Wasabi sushi & grill is only sushi restaurant in BC offering complete Gluten-Free menu.
Reviewed 2 January 2016

We've had food from Wasabi a few times and found the quailty and freshness very good. The prawn, vegetable and yam tempura are excellent. Light crust and not greasy at all. The last time we ordered take out. Along with the tempura, we ordered a dynamite roll, teriyaki beef don (rice bowl). All the food was just excellent. One of our relatives is celiac and Wasabi offers a GF menu. This relative has had food from there a few times and has never had a problem afterwards, so clearly, their kitchen is very careful. This has become our 'go-to' sushi, Japanese food restaurant.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

My son and I felt like Sushi, so we tried Wasabi Sushi and Grill, and we were both very pleased.I think they serve the freshest sushi I've ever had, and my son loved his Chicken Teriyaki, which arrived simmering and delicious.Service was fast, very friendly, and prices were reasonable.We will definitely go there again.

1  Thank Marian C
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

The good:
- it's in Maple Ridge; who would've thunk! Bonus stars!
- fish is fresh
- good portions for the rolls at least
- good service
- good price as they don't try to rip u off just because of their location

However....it is not a restaurant I would go out of my way to go again because of the food.

Now, if their Sashimi pieces were 25% bigger....I'd certainly rate it higher and would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 3 April 2015

Fantastic customer service! Delicious, delicious, delicious food!!!!!!!!!! Hands down one of the **BEST** sushi restaurants I have EVER been to.

The place is a little quiet and usually not very busy which I do not understand. The food here is sooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!

The food here is very fresh, very delicious!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOTTA EAT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I noticed that this location had a new name and had re-opened several months ago. Finally, I stopped in a couple weeks before Christmas in the hopes of satisfying my sushi and sashimi craving.

What a great surprise! The chef and waitress were young by restaurant standards, in their 20's. The food was fresh and the flavours crisp, clean and popping. I love my sushi so I had the miso soup, sunomono salad and then an assorted platter of sushi and another of sashimi.

Everything was spot on. You could tell that the chef loved his job and took pride in his food. I complimented him personally, before I left. This kind of passion should be recognized and appreciated. Great use and celebration of our wild west coast salmon.

The only pointers I would give to the staff, is don't be so shy and quiet. People will love your food, so be more confident.