“Outstanding creativity and plating”
Review of Sushi Bar Lori

Sushi Bar Lori
Ranked #43 of 199 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 30 April 2015

You know you're at an unusually high-quality sushi bar when they don't serve farmed Atlantic salmon. Wild BC salmon only.The selection of rolls is much more creative than what you would usually find in a sushi restaurant. You wouldn't expect it in this strip mall location.

I ate in at the sushi bar, but it seems that most of their customers order for takeout. So I was the only one dining for most of my stay, at 5:30 on a weekday. Attentive service was not a problem.

I decided to try salmon nigiri, as well as some rolls. There is a huge difference in taste and texture between wild BC salmon and farmed Atlantic salmon. It costs quite a bit more than farmed salmon, but well worth it. The rolls were inventive, with ingredients not usually found in sushi. This would be a great place to take someone to impress them with the quality of local sushi.

2  Thank tripleaardvark

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Our family have been going to Iori Sushi for a number of years now. The seafood is very fresh and of great quality, very well prepared and presented by the sushi chefs. It is really nice now that they now have shrimp and vegetable Tempura and the chefs are getting more and more creative with regard to their sushi specials. The free green tea is a nice touch. Our daughters, who live in Vancouver, are big sushi fans. Even though they frequent the numerous and high quality sushi restaurants in Vancouver, and are quite picky, they are always very keen to join us at Iori for a terrific meal. Highly recommended, never been disappointed.

3  Thank West_Coast_Mike
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Good, fresh sushi. A lot of varieties available at reasonable prices. We eat here 4 or 5 times per month. Very clean and the service is very good.

4  Thank Firemedic3674
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Service is always top rate, the food is consistantly great. My grandson would eat there 7 days a week. We love it also, even though i am not a great sushi person, I find myself liking more and more. I like that the food is always as expected ~ great! Thank you Iori!

2  Thank Myrai68
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Always expect a great sushi meal at Iori. We usually take out since seating is a little limited. Service is great. Food is very good. Pricing is good. Great place to go for a quick lunch.

3  Thank doc_alg