“Cozy and conforting”

Gite le Roupillon B&B
Ranked #13 of 21 Mont Tremblant B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Stayed for one night, the guests are very kind and the area is so calm you won't hear a sound. Don't expect it to be a HUGE b&b, it's a small family business with a few rooms, but it's perfect for a little stay in Tremblant, summer or winter. The rooms are cute, very clean, as well as the Gite. The guests were very welcoming, helped us find a place to eat at night and explained how to get to the Village, where to park for free and what shops and places we should visit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
vivama6, Propriétaire at Gite le Roupillon B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

thank you very much !
Viviane&Michel

Reviewed 23 June 2017

In February 2017 my wife and I stayed for one night in the second floor Mezzanine Suite of le Gite Le Roupillon B & B. Le Gite is situated near le Vieux Village in Mont Tremblant. Our room was large enough and had a wooden cathedral ceiling with a large picture window facing the back forest. Looking through the window we could see deer tracks in the snow. Outside in the front of the building there are ample parking spaces for clients. Our room had a comfortable queen bed, two night tables, a ceiling fan, a large HDTV and a private washroom with a skylight.

The next morning at 8:30 am Michel the owner served us breakfast that included orange juice and coffee with yogurt, cereal and toast. The main course was a delicious frittata, egg-based Italian dish with onions, potatoes and cheese. We enjoyed our tranquil stay in this clean and well maintained room and we would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2016

We arrived late. Micheal kindly left a key by the side door for us. Breakfast is served between 8-10am. We would have liked it a little earlier since the hill opens at 8am. We used the hot tub which functions well. We did have to let the host know in advance so he could get it prepped for us and it took a while for it to warm-up (it was an extremely cold weekend). We had the cathedral room. It was a fair size with a small ensuite bathroom. The house isn't particularily well insulated so you can hear noises from other people fairly easily.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Learn from my experience! if a property makes you pay in advance for your entire stay there is a reason they are doing this.... probably as in my case, they know you will not want to stay at their property. After reading the reviews on Booking.com I booked a 4 night stay at Gite Le Roupillion B&B in Mont Tremblant. From the outside this looks like a nice enough place and we did not want to stay in a run of the mill hotel. Upon arrival we were stunned at the clutter in the small family area of the house and in the small kitchen (used to prepare the food you are expected to eat for breakfast). The sofa was VERY small and filthy and the eating table was very worn. This place is a poorly decorated small home that these people are passing off as a B & B. We travel extensively and have stayed in B&B's around the world and have never experienced this situation. The bedroom we were given was also very small with a very small closet type bathroom. The bed had no headboard so when you sit on the bed it slides across the room (no joke). The owner (that do not speak English) sit outside on their porch in front of the bedroom window and smoke- smoke billows in the closed window and the room reeked of Cigarette smoke. I had specifically requested a non-smoking room due to my allergies. Some of the other reviews stated how the "owners made them feel so welcome" this is also not true. The wife never even spoke to us or looked at us or smiled at us. The husband showed us the living area and showed us our room then went out to smoke. NO HOSPITALITY at all. It is very easy to pay someone to write glowing reviews and I feel certain this is the case with their reviews. Seriously, the place was a pig sty that I would not even allow my dog to spend the night in. They not only did not refund ANY of my money but they ended up charging over $100 more on my credit card that the original agreement- keep in mind we only stayed in the room for approximately 10 minutes before deciding to leave. This "B & B" is a level comparable to a motel 6-and a bad one at that! The price should be in the $35-$40 US range and they are charging through Booking.com over $145 US per night. I also learned that Booking.com allows the hotels and B &B's to rate their own level so when you see this is a 9 out of 10 - remember that the lodge owners give it this rating.....
We ended up staying in a wonderful B & B- Le Lupin that I would highly recommend. (see my review of that property)

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! RUN Loud, horrible room the size of a broom closet!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
vivama6, Manager at Gite le Roupillon B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Excuse me madam, but you do not pay anything on booking if not an advance to confirm the reservation. 100CAD.
Then you have arrived and have been welcomed by my son my husband (who speak English all 2) and myself with a smile. Your pack of lies by not against me sourire.Vous are parties in the evening as thieves without saying anything.
We have a reservation policy, that we have applied to the end of your stay you had reserved.
Regarding the fact that customers or my husband smoke, it goes on and incomode extérrieur person, if that was the case it was sufficient to talk about.
Our house pleases many, we do not pay person to have rave reviews.
The rest of your criticisms do not disturb us because they are evils that Free ........

We did not book the room so we had to charge the full amount. On the other hand we did not charge 77CAD.
We charged 100CAD when they booked the room and the rest of it yesterday for a total of 580$ plus 8$ of renting taxes plus 5% of federal taxes and 9.5% of provincial taxes. 674.85$ minus the 100$.

We can send you all the receipt if you would like

Gîte le Roupillon

Reviewed 5 March 2015

We booked this as a weekend getaway (given to me as a Valentine's Day gift by my wonderful girlfriend this year). We took our time driving from Stittsville, enjoying the sights and scenery along the way and after making our way throught the village, were pleasantly surprised when we pulled in the drive. The property is well kept, clean and has a quaint country charm that you'd expect from a B&B. Our room (the Mezanine) was upstairs by itself and had a small ensuite bathroom that was perfectly complimented with a sky light. It was absolutely clean and nothing less than cozy and romantic with the exposed wood beams and huge window that overlooked the side of a large wooded hill. We both slept great, as it was nice and quiet at night and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was nothing less than amazing, as Michele put on an early morning feast that was nothing less than incredible. It included fritata's served in individual ceramic dishes, fresh fruit, wonderfully toasted ciabata bread with sides of freshly prepared fruit confit. All washed down by tea or coffee and juice. Kudos to Michele and Vivianne (hope I'm spelling that correctly) for making our stay nothing less than perfect. We will definitely stay here again in the future when we need a timeout from the city!

Room Tip: Mezanine, all the way!!!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
vivama6, Propriétaire at Gite le Roupillon B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Thank you very much , it is always with great pleasure that we read such nice comments .
Viviane & Michel