“Fresh local cusine”

Restaurant Le Hatley du Manoir Hovey
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Le Hatley du Manoir Hovey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in North Hatley
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: CHEF FRANCIS WOLF'S AMBITIOUS TERROIR-DRIVEN QUEBEC CUISINE Le Hatley Restaurant at Manoir Hovey, a lakeside Relais & Châteaux property, reflects Chef Wolf's passion for the region's history, its bounty, and its natural beauty. His culinary philosophy is inspired by what he has identified as seven distinct seasonal flavor profiles that celebrate the ingredients that are abundant in Quebec's rivers, lakes, forest and fields.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The dinner and breakfast were out-of-this-world mouth-watering. For dinner, I had the bison (or was it buffalo) steak from a Quebec producer. The food is all about local Quebec cuisine, which was a treat. My fresh kale salad arrived in a pot and I was handed garden shears to trim the leaves. Now that’s what I call fresh produce!
The staff surprised us with a complimentary mini dessert of tarts and chocolate coulis to celebrate our milestone anniversary. Our package included a table d’hôte breakfast selection on top of the breakfast buffet! Gourmet all the way. The main restaurant is very formal. For less formal eating, try the Tap Room pub.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

What a lovely evening! The food and the service at Le Hatley is truly five star. The prix fix menu is creative and unique. I had a mushroom and beet salad that was beyond delicious, followed by an interesting and tasty swordfish dish. For desert there was a deconstructed cake--also wonderful. The service is everything five star service should be--very attentive but not intrusive. The room and the setting area also beautiful. Loved it!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Le Manoir Hovey. Service is acceptable but certainly not exceptional. The menu looks wonderful on paper but is painfully disappointing to the palette, so much so I had to send my desert back. It was lemon sorbet with white chocolate mousse. I asked the server to come to my table. I quietly said, "This is inedible ". She smiled and said "I know" , then removed the dish. She asked if I would like to try the Black Forest cake. I said sure. It actually had small mushrooms and tree moss on it. I appreciate the artistic quality and the originality, but again, I literally could not eat it. Who puts mushrooms and twigs in chocolate cake?

Many modern restaurants are trying to find the thin line where food and art can comfortably coexist as one. I appreciate what Le Manoir Hovey is attempting. However, unless our meal was an outlier, they have drastically missed the mark. The food is quite simply terrible and the prices are outrageous!!! My wife and I had an inexpensive bottle of wine, we both ordered the table d'hôte, and our check came to $350.

We will NOT be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed 6 September 2017

An unbelievable experience from top to bottom. Clean comfortable well decorated rooms. What to say about the food? WOW!! particular attention to details for service and courtesy.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Exquisite cuisine, magnificent service, beautiful setting – more than you can ask for. We planned our trip to include a visit to North Hatley specifically to dine at Manoir Hovey. It has been many years since my last visit, but the high standards continue and we experienced the flavourful and creative fare I remembered. When you combine great food with attentive service and an excellent wine list the result is a very memorable meal.