Review Highlights

Comfy Seats, Good Movie, Reasonable Snacks

Reviewed 30 December 2017
Paddy2216
Goderich, Canada

All reviews comfy seats small popcorn movie matinee snacks candy admission screen combos fraction
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

New film releases in a beautiful historic theatre. We go to the matinee and it's only $8 for adults. The soft drinks and popcorn are a fraction of the price that you pay in Ottawa.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

My husband and I were staying at Calabogie Lodge and decided to go to a matinee at this theatre to see the latest Star Wars movie. Admission just $7 each. Beautiful old theatre with comfy seats and great acoustics. Snack prices are surprising! One small drink, one small popcorn, one small candy = $6. There were 3 other combos as well with progressive pricing but all very reasonable in my opinion.
This theatre reminded me of the theatres of my childhood where I would watch a Saturday matinee. One of those with a few seats on the upper level of the theatre on either side of the screen sort of like a small balcony. No idea how you would get to them and they were probably there for stage plays not movies but it sure brought back memories.
They have 2 movies showing at a time. I didn't see the other theatre which I assume is smaller. It looks like all movies are first run and they change them almost weekly.
Very enjoyable afternoon. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Paddy2216
Reviewed 6 April 2017

The theatre has comfy seats. New movies every week or two. Very reasonable prices. Always two movies playing. The concession stand prices are great!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Good place to go for an evening out with your lady. I was surprised at how reasonable the price was to go, and the went to buy pop and other treats to find great pricing there as well. We also found that the seat were ok as well. I'll be back.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Comfy seats, low prices, affordable snacks (a small popcorn, candy or drink are only 2$ each)... the sound quality is great. The building is so beautiful and charming. We often do the dinner and a movie deal with the rocky Mountain house (there are deals for couples or for families with children that make a dinner and a movie night incredibly affordable). There are always two movies playing (one downstairs in the larger theatre and one upstairs in the smaller but also lovely theatre). Matinee and Tuesdays are only 7 dollars... and there are always great new releases showing.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

JK, it's 7 bucks (just like their matinees) and what an awesome deal for an historic setting. Cozy and comfortable and 1st run movies (2) every two weeks or so.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I find the theatre in Renfrew, Ontario great to watch a movie on the wide screen. Perfect size theatre for Renfrew and great design for acoustics.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This theatre is small and quaint. There are two rooms for showings, and usually have the most recent releases. Always an option for kids!
Popcorn, candies, water and pop! All at a good price and combos available!
Some nights are cheap nights too! Tuesdays I believe!
I love this theatre! Small town charm!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

So happy that they are able to show the current popular movies in this wonderful old heritage building.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Comfy seats, clean, friendly service, top movies! Best pop corn! Historic theatre. Makes for a good night out. Love this theatre