USD 149
Rose Motel(Edmundston)
USD 91
USD 127
Priceline
All reviewstim hortonsfor salenova scotiadouble bednew brunswickquiet roomcoffee makerfridge and microwavestay there againpleasant staythe ground floortvhighwayottawasleepwashroomcarpet
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Budget motels in New Brunswick seem to be overpriced in general. This motel follows in that mold as being more expensive than the facilities in comparable locations on our trip. For example, the WiFi wouldn't work in my room. The insulation between the rooms is minimal, so you can hear people speaking. To be specific, I couldn't understand the words, but I knew there were voices. The TV is an antique, and yes, the rooms and have the strangest layout.

If the room had been less expensive, this hotel could have received a rating of 3 out of 5, but at these prices, it's only a 2. By the way, the hotel is for sale. Interested?

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This an older building but it has been maintained well. The rooms were clean. The wifi responsive. There was nothing to complain about. The cost is inexpensive but we got everything we paid for. It was good value for money. I would return again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Its as basic as they come. Place has the strangest layout. The heating unit is very small, not sute if it would be enough in winter. Check on was quick, fridge and microwave, but no coffee maker. Tv was from the 70's. But cable was ok.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I've stayed at the Happy Motel five times. It's location is ideal as I frequently travel from Nova Scotia to Ottawa and it is give or take the mid-way point on my route.
Each stay was fine apart from my two most recent stays and as such it's unlikely I will return.

I stayed at the Happy Motel on Wednesday, April 26th. I checked in very late and as such a key was left for me in the mailbox which I appreciated very much. My room was very centrally located in the middle of a small hallway between many other rooms. Hallway noise began very early from both other guests who were sitting in the hallway screaming to one another in booming voices as well as the busy street outside. I asked the men in the hallway to quiet down and they did. Sadly, I couldn't make the street noise go away. Unfortunately very shortly after the obnoxiously loud men in the hallway left, the cleaning staff began interacting very loudly directly outside of our room. I managed to scrape together about 5 hours of sleep which is certainly not enough sleep to be driving long distances.

Fast-forward to a week later. Under the assumption that the noise issue was a one time thing, I booked another stay at the Happy Motel. I booked a room with a double bed and requested a quiet room as I'd been woken numerous times in my stay the week prior. When I got to my room it was located in the front of the hotel surrounded by other rooms and I quickly found myself being treated to a symphony of sounds from the noisy street directly outside. Having already paid I went back down to the office where I explained that I needed a quiet room as I am a light sleeper and that I would not get even a minute's sleep in that room. To my horror I was told that if I wanted a quieter room on the ground floor (somehow that is quieter than a room on a higher floor??) I would need to pay another $17 dollars as the only remaining room that might be quiet (despite being located on ground's level with a parking lot view), featured a queen bed and as such cost more.

Given that my previous stay i was woken by staff and it isn't my fault that the street is too noisy I think that I should have been switched without a charge. I just wanted to sleep. I was not there for an enjoyable, luxurious stay. I didn't care about the size of my bed nor the size of my room, only that my room was quiet. Furthermore, because I asked to switch after they had shut down their debit machine, I had to sit in the office and wait, exhausted, ten minutes for the machine to turn on. I think at this point they should have just cut their losses and let me go to bed.

When we got to the room there were hairs all over the bathroom and I don't think the floors had been swept/mopped/cleaned at all. When I got in bed it became abundantly clear that we were located directly below a hallway. Our more expensive but "quiet" room quickly became the equivalent of a simulated stampede that woke us up every time we managed to doze off. To be fair, this was my fifth stay at the Happy Motel and it has been perfectly clean and the service had been up-to-par every other time. Unfortunately that does not excuse this truly unacceptable experience.

Sadly I don't think I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you stay here it is imperative that you get a room facing the parking lot at the end of the hallway.
Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2017

We stayed in room 12, in March. The staff are bilingual and very friendly and very helpful. We bought our dog and the pet fee was only $15. The room was immaculately clean including the washroom, the beds were comfortable (lets face it only our own beds are the most comfortable) and the wifi was fast and reliable. It is in the middle of town and across the street from Tim Hortons (which is excellent if you don't travel with a coffee pot like we do,there is no coffee pot in the room)very close to the highway and many restaurants. The paper mill is close buy, and you hear a little extra traffic at the usual change of shift times, but nothing that is disturbing. All in all, it was a pleasant stay, clean and comfortable with no frills and I didn't feel like we were buying the place or buying stock in the hotel when we paid. We will stay there anytime we are in town, gladly. Oh yeah, bring slippers, the floors aren't carpeted, but living in this climate I understand why, to messy in the winter, but the floors are warm from the downstairs.

Room Tip: Bring a coffee pot or thermos(we always do, just in case) Very close to the casino.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business