“Quite and peaceful”

La Roma Motel
La Roma Motel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Dated motel, tv from 1987(?). The visual is nothing outstanding, it simply looked like a cheap place to spend the night after a long road trip.
As soon as I walked in the room and did a personal inspection, I was so incredibly satisfied on the cleanliness that I felt compelled to write this review. I personally will go to the office before departure to let them know how much I appreciated it and that I would stay there again in a minute.
Nice and really comfortably, exceptionally clean.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Room was nice, the rates were also good. I will give them that. But, the room that I was staying in had B e d b u g s.

They seem to be just in the bed that I was in, the other was fine, as my companion did not suffer any bites.

The staff was kind and courteous. I will probably not return to this motel, until they have sprayed their beds and put b e d b u g mattress protection on.

I hate to give anyone a bad review. This is a persons livelihood and to have a complaint like this, its hard. But, I also know that as patrons, why should we have to suffer and have a vacation ruined by poor pest control measures.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
LAROMAMOTEL, Owner at La Roma Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

We would first like to mention that our rooms do NOT have bed bugs. Our rooms are inspected each day and never have we seen bed bugs. If there were bed bugs in one bed, they would be in both. At no time did you mention a problem, nor do you leave your name or even the room number for us to verify further. If you would have been bitten then traces of blood would have been seen in the bed and we are trained on how to verify the mattress if this is the case. I will go even further and say that at the rate that bed bugs reproduce, the room would be completely infested by now and they would be very visible. Yet still we have seen nothing. I would also like to add that mattresses cannot be sprayed because it would be dangerous to guest. Rooms can be sprayed if they have bed bugs but not mattresses. A mattress can be covered with a mattress protector in order to prevent them from getting to the mattress. If a guest unknowingly brings bed bugs into the room, the bugs may not be able to get to the mattress but they will still be in the room and bed. How do I know all this, from my discussions with a pest control company. I do however believe that you are a disgruntled client who was not satisfied with our cancellation policy and who made threats to us that you would cause us trouble. If you feel better by publicly posting lies, then so be it. We will continue to inspect our rooms daily and feel secure in knowing that NO bed bugs have been found.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This was the second time we stayed at LaRoma on our way home from vacation. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very nice. They have a great little restaurant on site as well. We will definitely continue to stay here whenever we are travelling in the Maritimes.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacquie65

Thanks for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

After 13 hours of driving and the last hour in a rain/hailstorm around Quebec/NB border we finally reached La Roma Motel about 7:00 pm. Check in was smooth, they had a restaurant open until 8:00 so we quickly went to our room to drop off our bags. We parked in front of the door. There were extra pillows and blankets, a fridge, wifi(very slow), coffee maker available. The room was very dated, but clean. We enjoyed the food in the restaurant. Unfortunately the bed was very hard and uncomfortable, so we ended up leaving around 4:30 to get back on the road as we could not sleep anymore. If you like a hard bed, this is a good place to stay overnight on a road trip.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review. We are sorry that you found the mattress to firm. We have just purchased new mattresses for some of our rooms so maybe on your next stay you will find them more to your liking.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

All you would expect from motel in trans Canada. Strip motel just off the highway just outside Edmunston NB. Quiet park like setting with creek running out back, no noise from highway. Small outdoor pool to take a refreshing dip in after a long 10 hour drive.
Small but comfortable and clean rooms.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for the nice review.