All reviewscrepeshungarian restaurantrocky mountainprivate balconypartial wallhis wifehungarian dumplingsgetaway packagea million dollar viewbreakfast was includedstayed two nightsbacon and eggsbit datedcoffee makeroverlooking the valleythe ownerrooms are spacious
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a mother/daughter getaway. The value is unbelievable. It has everything you need. Large spacious rooms, a view to die for, first class food and service that you just don't find anymore. When we arrived we were early and our room wasn't ready yet so I asked where a good place to go for lunch was ( the restaurant doesn't open until 5) and he offered to have his chef cook us lunch since he was there anyways. So we had lunch and by the time we were finished our room was ready. The breakfast that comes with your room is awesome. They give you about 6 or 7 different items to choose from and very quick service so you can start your day. It was so nice to have great customer service as that is hard to find these days. They truly care about their guests and just want you to be happy. Anything you need they will accommodate if they can. We will definatley be back again!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Booked a 2 nite package which included hot breakfast, 3 course dinner and passes to the hot springs for a really low rate online so we were not expecting much. Very charming small lodge with 12 rooms all with balconys with views of the Purcell mountains the view is just gorgeous. The rooms are dated but very clean bedroom is separated from the living room with a pony wall. Futon in living room tv, microwave, and fridge. The beds are ok but bring your own pillow as they are pretty slim. Restaurant attached to the lodge was has an excellent Hungarian menu with lots of choices with large portions all delicious try the apple strudel for dessert yum yum. Very nice Hungarian owners that aim to please.

Room Tip: ask for second floor as one can hear noise from upper floor if on ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lou W
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Our discovery of this little hideaway came as a complete and pleasant discovery after leaving disappointing accommodations elsewhere. The RMS Lodge is situated off the highway overlooking the town of Radium. It is nothing fancy but offers very clean and comfortable lodging for exceptional value. Everything is very well maintained and in good working order, but lacking coffee/tea amenities in the room. The view from the balcony is spectacular and the outdoor surroundings make up for any shortcomings.
The restaurant below has a quaint atmosphere and offers a nice homestyle menu with attentive service. You can also dine on the restaurant's outdoor balcony, which offers a perfect view for you to enjoy. This will be our choice of lodging the next time we visit Radium Hot Springs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Steven Z, Owner at Rocky Mountain Springs Lodge and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

I am so grateful of my guests writing good reviews of my establishment. I'm sorry if somebody is disappointed I did not respond to their reviews but I am so busy all day long. I can assure you I read all of your comments, thank you very much.
We have coffee makers and cattle's with mugs for the rooms upon request, just tell us your needs and we do our best to accommodate everybody. We have extra pillows or blankets as well.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

For our first family road trip to explore BC I wanted to find a pleasant place to rest overnight that would allow the 2 dogs and have food on the premises.This charming Hungarian style lodge ticked all the boxes and was a very good price. I must admit when we pulled up i was a little worried. We usually travel "in style" but I really wanted to just relax and not have to change for dinner etc. The owner was there to greet us and we had no problem checking in early, the rooms were warm and cozy, spacious. We had rooms 4&5 on the ground floor. We chose the getaway package which includes the room, dinner, breakfast and 2 passes to the hot springs. $160.00 per room, plus $15 each dog. We explored the area and then went to the hot springs which were lovely even though pouring rain you are wet anyway right? Dinner was wonderful, a large choice of good home cooked "stick to your ribs" type food with a Hungarian theme. Breakfast was delicious my son took 3 mins to devour the home made jam filled crepes and the home made waffles with berries was delightful! We would definitely stay here again should our travels take us in the direction. My only "want" would be a tea/coffee maker and tableware, there is a fridge and a microwave but no glasses, dishes or cups (you should bring your own!)

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view, top floor is better if you don't want to here the people above, but bottom floor for disabled access or dog owners.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marie C
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is a lovely small family owned hotel! We were just passing through Radium and planned one night stay at this lodge with a deal we found online. You could not beat the price which included 3 course dinner at their Hungarian restaurant, breakfast, hot spring passes and a one night stay. The food was good, the rooms were a bit dated but very clean and you will spend most of your time either at the hot springs or on your balcony enjoying the views anyways! Definitely love giving business to these sorts of businesses! Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family