All reviews continental breakfast living room corner suite spiral staircase hot tub views are fantastic toaster waffles third floor wood burning fireplace family suite nice set room was clean inexpensive place to stay older place great price top floor small kitchen
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here about 10-12 times but this will be the last unless the 'new' owners' step up and do some important improvements to steps, railings, beds, etc. Booked the top floor on the end and guess what, 'sorry that isn't available' so what did I book? Top floor and basic room. No coffee, two crappy pillows, bathtub was not clean, etc. Overall the views are fantastic, the rooms have so much potential but the current ownership have put a Filipino woman (and of course her extended family) in charge and are clearly absentee owners. I'll be booking Invermere or Fairmont in the future. Rather get some pampering then stay in a travel lodge with a view.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We were to stay here 3 nights but stayed only one and cancelled next two nights! I found a cockroach on my bed, the place didn't smell or look like it had been cleaned. The bed skirt had staining all along the side of it almost like it had sat in water. The furniture was literally from the 70's. There was no comfort in sitting area, just wanted over there. We switched to a fantastic place in panorama that was only $6 more. Strongly recommend bypassing this place, I usually never complain but have never stayed in a place this bad.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed 9 September 2017

The chain hotels are fine for a night or two, but if you're staying longer, it's so nice to have the equivalent of an apartment, with a fridge & microwave at the least, at a bedroom separated from the tv area. Radium Chalet has all that, plus a fabulous view from the deck. The suite was comfortable, clean, and roomy, with enough storage space. There's a decent choice for breakfast in a nice dining area. The hotel is right next to a good restaurant. We had a lovely stay.
There are a few reasons why there are only 4 stars, not 5. Breakfast started at 8:30. For folks like us who are up and moving by 6, that's WAY too late. Housekeeping was a small problem. Out at 6 AM means we were often back by 3. Despite the "Make Up The Room Please" card on the door by 6 AM, and despite speaking to the front desk, the room was never made up much before 4:30, when we were back and relaxing before dinner. Minor annoyances, really.
Still, if we go back to the area to visit, we'd definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyJLasVegas
Gerry T, Owner at Radium Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you very much for the positive and detailed review. Also thank you for the feed back regarding breakfast and room cleaning timing, we are always looking at ways to improve. We look forward to seeing you again!

Gerry
co-owner

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Check in was non painful,climbing the stairs to our room was good for the legs and once we got to the top the view was spectacular.....the room was great and the balcony view was superb. went for a dip in the hot tub,which was located in a giant two level gym like place with good privacy....on the way back we saw a skunk and a black bear at the adjoining restaurant which was cool...really good stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Franki K
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I was able to book this place at the last minute with a lovely staff member that called me to complete my reservation when a cancellation opened up an available room. I ended up staying here because the service was much friendlier than another hotel in the area (and cheaper). I only stayed for one night and the room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the shower had lots of hot water. The living room was a nice addition as I wasn't expecting that and the views were fantastic from the balcony. The only thing is that the soundproofing isn't that great so it's a little startling to hear the neighbor's shower go off loudly at 11 PM. It's an older place but we had a good stay. Can't speak on the continental breakfast but it looked like there were a lot of options.

Room tip: Try for the top floor if you don't want to hear people above you
Date of stay: August 2017