All reviews living room corner suite continental breakfast views are fantastic hot tub spiral staircase toaster waffles third floor gas fireplace room was clean older place family suite top floor ski resort small kitchenette couple nights stayed for one night
Reviewed 3 July 2017

we had a corner 1st floor room with 2 balconies-the views were very nice. the room layout is enter bedroom, (bathroom off bedroom), to narrow kitchenette, to den area with fireplace, tv, futon, & table for 2. with a family of 4 it could be snug moving back & forth in the room. you could tell they have made many upgrades & hopefully they are not finished (new mattress & bed but dated futon & dinette table). breakfast was interesting--normal continental fare, except jams, butter, milk, etc. were all more communal (the large economy size & were just open for guests to all share). for a one night stop, it suited our needs but not sure if we would stop there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank tarheelUS
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here on May long weekend. When we got to our room we immediately noticed it was filthy! Spider webs everywhere dirt on the door and baseboards, water stains on the walls and roof. Since it was may long there was nowhere else to stay so we sucked it up and complained when we went to leave! They said a contractor had been staying in the room so that is why it wasn't in very good shape. We asked don't you check rooms before new people stay in the room. The front desk lady replied "we trust our cleaning team." After some back and forth and my boyfriend and her going to look at the room she agreed on giving us a full refund for the weekend. Which was awesome! 3 days after we got home we noticed they charged us again for 1 night. We called and said wtf and they said sorry communication error as English wasn't there first language! We tried to ask them to refund my card again and he said he would send us vouchers for future stay with them. We didn't really want this as we never wanted to stay here again after all this. We agreed on it anyways. We have still not seen any vouchers in over a month! Why they thought they could recharge my card 3 days after departing after we had agreed on a refund is beyond me!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa A
Gerry T, Owner at Radium Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

I personally inspected the room after Lisa and her boyfriend checked out. The spider web in question was small and up very high, there was a misplaced piece of trim, and light scuffing on the baseboards, all which are were minor thing- but still not up to the standard we would like to achieve. During the weekend we had offered to fix the problems and offered a discount.

My understanding is that during the stay, this couple demanded a full refund for the room or else they threatened to leave a bad review. There was miscommunication and a full refund for two nights was initially issued, when a maximum of one night or future stay voucher should have been offered.

It is great that consumers have a lot of power with the ability to leave reviews, and great that other consumers can get a sense of the quality, service and value of a place based on those reviews. But it is not acceptable for guests to try to hold a business hostage and threaten to leave bad reviews unless they get things for FREE on a long weekend.

I spoke with the boyfriend to explain that the card one file had been charged for one night and that for a busy weekend when the property is at 100% occupancy and although there were a few minor problems with the room, it was difficult for us to justify refunding two full nights. Obviously these issues in question were not serious enough for them to leave early and try to find accommodation else where. He was not happy to be charged for even one night, but when I offered a future night's stay, he countered and negotiated to try to get two nights stay- which I agreed to on the condition that it was not for a week end. It was my intention to send out the vouchers soon, but have been busy and did not get to it yet. I was really hoping to impress them when they stayed again, and rather then this review expected a reminder for not getting the vouchers out right away.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Dont let the outside fool you. This hotel looks a bit dated outside but the rooms have/are being renovated. The room was layed our so you come into the bedroom where there is a bathroom attactched. Walk through a small hall with a mini kitchen into a living room with a fire place and sectional couch. Also a balcony with a nice view and chairs. The room was nicely done and the only issue was the shower tap was put on backwards. Breakfast was bagles and toaster waffles. It rained most of our trip so the covered balcony was very nice.
Keep in mind this place is up a steep hill so you will need to drive wherever you need to go.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben K
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Great spot perched atop a hillside looking at a beautiful mountain valley. The rooms are neat and tidy, looks like recent upgrades to paint and carpet. The grounds could really use some attention, looking down from patio you see all kinds of garbage and construction waste on the hillside...Takes away from amazing views. the lobby is very dated and the free breakfast,, well I'll say not so good!! toast, jam, hard boiled egg and gas station donuts..but it was not the worst i've ever had.. The important parts are the room.. nice set up will small kitchen area.. fireplace sofa bed and queen bed. Overall great value for price... a little effort to improve the grounds would give it another star in my books.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank trevg446
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed on May 9, 2017 . We had a corner unit on third floor. Fantastic views from two decks. ( no elevator - we are fine with stairs).
We like to walk and it could be a little remote for some people but we enjoy being a little away from town...worth every $ for the views.

Breakfast is included.