All reviews friendly owners grocery store the main street bbq cozy
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The new owners are awesome! They gave us a free upgrade and took care of our every need and that’s not always easy with my diverse family.
It’s not a perfect place but very clean. You definitely get your money worth. I have stayed here 4 times in 5 years. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean and cozy place to stay then you have found it. If you want fancy then go pay more somewhere else as you get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this quaint little spot off the hiway . very clean .new owners are awesome ..may be a 3 star place but with definite5 star attitude. Was injured on my bike and these people went above and beyond to assist me. Will be returning again next summer . watch for the updates this place makes ..going to be great .

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeromeM1676
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a motorcycle trip. We found this place last minute. Nice place. Extremely clean. Very friendly owners. I would highly recommend this place. We enjoyed sitting in the courtyard to partake in a beverage. Short walk to Main Street. There was even a bbq to use if needed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We were in Radium riding our motorcycle and saw the Sunset Motel.

Richard is the owner and is a wonderful man. Richard was very helpful answering our questions and advised if we needed anything do not hesitate to ask.

The room we had was very nice, cozy clean room and the price was very reasonable.

We enjoyed our stay very much and most definitely will stay at the Sunset Motel again when we are in Radium.

Thank you very much for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I was with a travel buddy who has stayed here with his extended family for the last 20 years. Sometimes 3 times a year. Sometimes they had 5-6 rooms. He considered Darrin and Heidi, the owners, to be friends. He had reserved a two-room kitchenette for us back in January, but when we arrived on Labor Day weekend, Darrin didn't have the reservation. There was only one room available and my travel buddy and I are platonic. He had his little trailer, but all the campgrounds were full. I took the room and my friend parked in the alley for two nights. Darrin did not offer to reduce the exorbitant ($276 CAD/two nights) room rate, but did say he was tired of making excuses for his ex-wife (who took the reservation). I found him to be rude, defensive, and uncaring. But especially I felt sorry for my buddy, who felt betrayed. I would give this run-down motel 1.5 stars because the room was clean - dated and ugly - but clean. There are better choices and I strongly suggest you make one of them.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends