Open today: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
Constantly the Best Guide

I live locally and have my own Salmon boat. I am a OK fisherman. Had friends of mine come from... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2019
Patrick G
First girls day of 2019: FISHING

The first girls day of 2019 was a huge success. Pat said we would catch some salmon and he was not... read more

Reviewed 8 January 2019
emmabanner
via mobile

All reviews captain pat bluefish halibut great captain wonderful morning blue fin spring salmon caught fish equipped boat his knowledge amazing experience within minutes great memories crab trap sea lions sense of humour my dad
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Wow, I took my son and two sons in law fishing while in Sooke on a family vacation. Great way to spend the better part of a day with amazing scenery, good fun, a great captain (Pat) and 8 big salmon. It was such a cool outing and we all highly recommend Pat and the experience. Cheers Pat!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My husband and I made our way to the coast for the first time with friends. What a beautiful place! We got a little lost so early in the morning but did finally make our way to Pat (our guide) on the dock in Sooke. What an experience! We caught a couple good sized salmon and lost a smaller one. Pat was great. Very informative and humorous. He was very laid-back as he handed the fishing pole over to each of my husband and then me. Such an experience! It really is Beautiful British Columbia! Thanks Pat. Suzanne and Ted

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Bluefin fishing with Pat was a wonderful experience. Firstly, Pat was clearly a professional and he was always busy cleaning lines and checking the bait. He also took us well out of Sooke Harbour, whereas many boats simply stay at the mouth of the harbour. We came home with 2 Coho and 1 Chinook and Pat also gave us some crabs from the trap he put out. We felt like we did pretty well given the general chatter that there were no boats and after seeing and hearing a few boats coming back empty we felt pretty good. Definitely happy with this choice!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We could not have asked for a better day...weather wise it was perfect, Patrick's humour was right on the money and we took home some beautiful chinook salmon and crabs. What a feast! Thanks Pat!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

As a newbie fisher-woman, it was great to know, I didn't have to do anything or have anything, I just had to show up and I was almost guaranteed to bring home fish. Ok, lazy bones here. But you can help out and jump in anytime you want. Captain Pat was well-equipped, extremely knowledgeable, always working the line, and checking that all was well, whilst also being patient and friendly with us city folks.