“Caught the big one”

Bluefin Fishing Adventures
Ranked #1 of 26 Tours in Sooke
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bluefin Fishing Adventures offers superb year-round fishing situated in a temperate rainforest on the southwest tip of Vancouver Island.Sooke has been a year-round fishing destination for generations. Large runs of salmon migrate annually past the West Coast of Vancouver Island, feeding and bulking up before heading for their spawning grounds.Sooke's mild climate allows for year-round fishing. May through September you can fish for hard fighting Chinooks 5 to 50 pounds - delicious Sockeye 5 to 12 pounds, energetic Coho 5 to 24 pounds, scrappy Pinks 5 to 8 and hard fighting Chums 6 to 20 pounds July through October - yummy Winter Chinooks 5 to 20 pounds November into March.
Reviewed 18 September 2015

Captain Pat's Bluefin Fishing Adventures was a great time. He found the fish and I caught a 26 pound spring salmon. His boat was clean and well equipped. We caught several fish. Pat cleaned an 8 pound, 12 pound, 15 pound, 20 pound and a 26 pound fish. The main advise when fishing with Pat is he talks you through the catch. If you listen to him you will most likely catch the fish if you do not you may not catch the fish. Overall it was a great time and I would recommend him.

3  Thank Terry B
"limit"
in 16 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

We recently went on a guided fishing tour with Captain Pat of Bluefin Fishing Adventures out of Sooke, B.C. There were you of us, my wife and I, and it was definitely one of our most memorable fishing experiences, especially for my wife. I'm quite the fisherman myself (out in Ontario) but Pat was on another level of knowledgeable and had a talent for teaching. By the time he was done covering the basics with us, my wife already had a 20 lb salmon on her line!

The boat was massive, but what was most impressive was how clean and safe it felt. My wife was never pressured to fish, she could suntan whenever, but Pat just kept the fish coming since he has all the up to date gadgets to locate them, so she never even put her fishing rod down!

There is always some lag time to relax between catching fish, but Pat kept us entertained with his sense of humor and witty stories. This was our first time with Pat out on the ocean and he helped us catch four different types of salmon, all around or above 20 lbs!

If anyone is hesitant about doing this for the first time, we really recommend Pat. He'll teach you everything you need to know while keeping you comfortable and relaxed the entire time. Oh, and one last thing... never being bananas on the boat with Pat... they're bad luck!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Pat knows his business and how to help people catch fish while having a good time. We all know there is more down time than fish catching time, but Pat springs into action before most people realize there a fish on the line. The group caught multiple Salmon, Cod & a nice size Halibut. A memorable fun day.
Book a trip with Pat!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Captain Pat and his First Mate Don were on fire. Delivered big salmon and a 60 pound halibut without breaking a sweat! Great boat, awsome location and excellent fun.