“Excellent experience all round - no prior fishing experience required!”

Bluefin Fishing Adventures
Ranked #2 of 30 Tours in Sooke
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bluefin Fishing Adventures offers superb year-round fishing situated in a temperate rainforest on the southwest tip of Vancouver Island.Sooke has been a year-round fishing destination for generations. Large runs of salmon migrate annually past the West Coast of Vancouver Island, feeding and bulking up before heading for their spawning grounds.Sooke's mild climate allows for year-round fishing. May through September you can fish for hard fighting Chinooks 5 to 50 pounds - delicious Sockeye 5 to 12 pounds, energetic Coho 5 to 24 pounds, scrappy Pinks 5 to 8 and hard fighting Chums 6 to 20 pounds July through October - yummy Winter Chinooks 5 to 20 pounds November into March.
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

We went out with Pat whilst staying in the area with family. Whilst the men in the party had done some fishing before, I had not and we all took our turn on the reels. Pat, as others have already said, is an excellent guide with a dry wit and excellent command of his boat and everything going on around him. I am not a good sailor but the boat is very safe and very clean. We caught a variety of big salmon to our quota on a very slow day for fishing (based on the results of other boats in the area...). We also saw orcas otters, sea lions and seals. An excellent experience all round - I would unreservedly recommend Pat.

All reviews
"sea lions"
"crab trap"
"sense of humour"

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Pat claimed to not be a miracle worker, but he certainly was, although he's not overtly religous. He enjoyed the eighties tunes we played and I'm pretty sure I saw him mouthing the words to Cyndi Lauper. He also let slip he has had some celebrities on board. He wouldn't say who, but it was Leo. Yes, that Leo.

If you're looking for a fun filled, fantastic, fulfilling foray into the frothy ocean, Bluefin Fishing Adventures is the company to book. Pat is the sole owner and operator, and you won't regret taking a trip with him. He's down to earth, funny and straight to the point. We all caught our limit of fish before noon, and also picked up some delectable dungeness crab from the traps on our way back.

Book it, you won't regret it.

9  Thank NickS403
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Pat treated us to the most wonderful day. We each caught our limit of spring salmon within 4 hours of leaving the docks, despite the low number of catches that the surrounding boats were experiencing. He was a fantastic host. He was friendly, funny, and professional, and we could tell that he knew exactly what he was doing and what he was talking about. He gave us a fantastic time, and I would recommend anyone looking to fish in the area to him in a heart beat. We'll definitely be returning!

3  Thank andiseinen
Reviewed 13 August 2015

My 10 year old son and I went out with Pat for a full day on 8/11 and the trip flat out exceeded all expectations. He got us out fast and worked the gear non stop. He has tons of experience and it shows. Lots of strikes and my son and I both had our limit on Chinook before noon when others around us had yet to land one. Pat then took us out deep for Halibut, promptly got one of those as well (dinner last night) along with a few dogfish to toss back. My son actually liked catching the dogfish the best - ha! Saw Orcas, dolphins and seals too. Tons of action, great day - go with Pat!

1  Thank Mark S