“Good eats and view!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I went here with my Dad for lunch. It was a gorgeous day, sunny but a bit cool for the patio so we sat inside. He had the fish and chips which he said was very good, light batter and fresh fish. I had the braised beef sandwich with fries and loved it. A bit hard to control with chunks of meat falling out but still yummy with peppers and cheese too. Great fries, not too skinny and nice and hot. The service was excellent, very polite when she interrupted to ask how our food was and kept the coffee topped up. I would go again in a minute.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 27 September 2018

This was our favourite place to stop & eat while we vacationed in Sooke. Menu was great, views lovely from the patio and staff courteous and friendly.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I have eaten a lot.

The vegetarian burger I got at Sticklebsck in early september 2018 was flavourful, it had a great texture and the fixings were yums.

Hands down the best vegetarian burger i was served in a restaurant this side of the country.

Fries were fries. My friend got a beef burger which was ok, he actually preferred my veggie burger to his burger.

Bloody Ceasar is delicious. View is amazing. Love that there is a space for the dogs by the patio :)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

A great summer evening mid August made imperfect by the forest fires so the sun was weird! We were on the patio, had excellent service and the fish and chips , and the burger were both very tasty and generous portions.If we are in that area again, will definitely dine there .

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The food was really good, and the staff are pleasant, but not great at actually providing service. This is the 2nd time I have eaten here with consistent results.

We came in person to view the menu and place a take-away order. After ordering and paying, we had to ask twice if we could sit at a table in the 1/2 empty restaurant and have a drink while we waited for our food. The server said we could sit at the bar (with our backs to the beautiful view). We waited for about 20 minutes and as we watched our food being packaged, the server finally asked us if we wanted some water while we waited.

The menu includes an attempt to acknowledge and give respect to the T'Sou-ke First Nations, whose land the restaurant sits on, but their message actually comes across as patronizing. I hope the owners take some time to consult with the appropriate Elders and reword their statement.

Date of visit: September 2018