“Whales everywhere!”

Sooke Coastal Explorations
More attraction details
Owner description: Are you ready to embark on a one-of-a-kind exploration with Vancouver Island’s premium quality Whale Watching and Eco-Adventure company?Sooke Coastal Explorations can take you on an exhilarating West Coast marine adventure that will thrill your senses and leave you with a deep appreciation for the enchanting creatures that inhabit our local waters. Offering the perfect balance of excitement, safety and education, our experienced, knowledgeable crew will take you on an open water excursion lasting 3 to 4 hours in length, and travelling along the Island’s western shores.
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Booked this trip easily by email. Quick reply from Matt gave us all the info we needed. We travelled out what seemed quite a way before we saw anything, but well worth the wait. Once we found our first humpback whale we couldn't stop seeing them. Matt could take the boat nice and close and we got some great photos/video. We also found a few orcas gliding along which seemed like a bonus. This is one trip we'll never forget. Thanks!

Date of experience: September 2017
"sept"
"scenery"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Although a bit of confusion when we reserved our trip, it was an incredible experience and we would do it again. Kids loved it!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We were looking forward to going whale watching with Sooke Coastal Explorations while we had friends visiting from Ontario. We drove from Victoria and when we pulled in a man told us that the tour had been cancelled due to bad weather. They did not attempt to call or email us to let us know. Very disappointing. I understand that tours may have to be cancelled for various reasons, but they should at least attempt to contact customers when these decisions are made. I recommend going to Eagle Wing in Victoria instead, I've been out with them twice and they have been wonderful.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I booked this Whale Watching tour in advance of my trip to Vancouver Island, it had been booked as a highlight, and staying in the remote town of Port Renfrew i found Sooke offered the closest trips... albeit via a 3 hour round trip. Paul, I presume the chap running it, emailed to confirm my booking and to tell me to arrive half an hour prior to my 10am trip. This meant a pretty early start for me on top of jet lag, but I felt it was worth it. On arrival at 1581 at 930am the place was closed up. I parked and waited at the door, after a few minutes a chap came over to ask if he could help me. Explained I was here for the tour, to which he told me his brother had told him no-one was booked that day and so wasn't coming, I showed him the email confirmation of my booking and was told I they wouldn't do a tour for one which was probably why he thought no one was coming. No communication about this whatsoever from Paul. I explained to his brother, who was apologetic, that I'd traveled for an hour and a half to come to it and was told I was best off to try Victoria (another 1.5 hour drive). In the end I had to return to where I was staying having wasted an entire morning and resulting in no trip. Not even an email to apologise for the mess up from Paul. Paul's communication was abrupt and not very welcoming from the outset. To then not bother to tell me he wasn't going to turn up on the day when he had confirmed I had a trip booked, and again not contact me to apologise is pretty damn poor. Not impressed.

Date of experience: June 2017
8  Thank Amy S
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We went on our first ever whale watching expedition with them this week. We had an amazing time! Well worth every penny. Within 10 minutes of setting out in the zodiac we were seeing orcas. At no time did we feel unsafe, and Paul was very informative. We also saw porpoises, and went out to Race Rock and saw a LOT of sea lions. Great trip. Highly recommend. Unfortunately we did not get to see a humpback, but that is the luck of the draw. We spent well over an hour around all kinds of killer whales and I got some amazing pictures of them.

Date of experience: August 2016