“Recommended by a local”

Cathy's Corner Cafe
Ranked #19 of 53 Restaurants in Sooke
Reviewed 31 October 2018

My husband & I were walking around in Sooke, looking for a good lunch place; a local guy we spoke to recommended Cathy's and we were so glad he did. It's a tiny little place with character and characters...it's like a small old-school diner where some of the local seniors hang out who add a lot of character & humour to your dining experience! :) The homemade split pea soup was nearly as good as my own (and I don't say that too often!); the egg salad sandwich was yummy; and the eggs benedict & ham meal was large and my husband really enjoyed it. Would definitely return to Cathy's!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018

My wife & I,being past 70 now,can still remember nicer times,when most smaller towns in Canada & the USA had at least one family-style restaurant or Diner,just like "Cathy's Corner Cafe' "), a place where mostly the locals met,eat and gossiped.A long time before corporate greet gave us the chain restaurants.The decor is very basic,but clean and homey.Usually only 2 people (Cathy and her daughter,with occasional help) cook and serve.Costomers are expected to serve themselves with coffee/tea/soft drinks,and to clean up their tables after a meal.Apart from the friendly and laid-back service,the "highlight" here is the menu. A large selection of breakfast items (all-day breakfast),served with REAL homefried potatoes (not "glorified",shopped-up french fries).My favorite: Eggs Benedict.with Ham.There are some items on the menu,that you might not have expected at a place like "Cathy's" : Burritos,Warm Mango & Chicken Salad on a bed of greens,Tacos,Souvlaki,etc. And what got my wife,a fussy eater,all exited: Kathy has no objections (unlike so many restaurants) to make substitutions or split orders. Don't like potatoes? How about a small fruit or garden salad instead. Trying to keep the calories in check ? Have you salad dressing on the side. Did I already mention the great home-cooked soups? My favourite: Pea/Vegetable Soup. Everything is freshly prepared after ordering. Prices are VERY reasonable. Eating at "Cathy's" is like being invited by your favourite aunt. Parking is limited,but there is plenty of parking on the side streets. We love "Cathy's" !! Will be back next year.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast one morning then we came back again then again and at last one more time before going back to the States. Staff was friendly , food was yummy and we had some good conversations with the locals. I liked the help yourself to the coffee felt like home. My favorite was the breakfast sandwich my husband really like the eggs beni. Well be back

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Had an excellent brunch including the best toasted sandwich ever and an excellent gluten free meal, topped off with good coffee and conversation, all at a bargain price..

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Cathy is amazing and so are here regulars. This is a small diner with limited seating, when we arrived on Wednesday, July 4th with seven people we took two tables. Cathy was working by herself doing everything, but her regulars will go get menus for new arrivals and I have seen one of them take an order too. All our meals arrived at the same time and all were hot and excellent. I had the Huevos Rancheros for the second and they can’t be beat, and I order them whenever I can but hers are the best. When you are done just carry your plates over to the bus pans.

Date of visit: July 2018