All reviews qualicum bay small room little gem comfortable room an amazing view stay there again highway bbq ocean tides fridge waterfront patio hosts
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here last night and are very pleased. Nice, quiet little place where you can relax on the shore of the bay. Not fancy but very stylish, comfy and cozy. Nice little touches that make you feel comfy and appreciated.Check-in was wonderfully friendly, welcoming and easy. If you are in the front building (we were) there is a bit of noise from the highway so be prepared for that. There is no cable so DVD Movies are available in the office.Selection is a bit aged but there are lots for kids! Beautiful space on the waterfront to sit, relax and gaze at the Coastal Mountains. The tide was high during the daylight hours while we were there but looks like it offers great beachcombing on low tides. Although the weather wasn't right for it for us, there are BBQs, Patio Tables with Umbrellas and a Community Firepit at the edge of the beach that we definately would have taken advantage of. Great eatery places close by to choose from as well. I will definately be recommending this little gem to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was small but very clean and very comfortable. It was raining so i didn’t get to spend any time on the property which was on the water but i would stay there again the staff was very friendly and helpful

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I stayed for one night last weekend. The woman who greeted me and checked me in was so helpful, friendly and inviting. She also gave me a complimentary room upgrade as a first time customer. The room was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The linens were like new and carefully chosen to accent the room. The view was magnificent. This room was perfect for a solo traveler or a pair. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and good night sleep I got while staying here. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful beachfront view and staff went out of their way to make sure we had a nice stay! Quiet and clean and gorgeous room. Everything had an added personal touch and made us feel welcome. Highly recommend !

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I happened into this Motel after a long, dark, drive in snow covered roads and snow covered signs and never wanted to leave. Right on the beach, with an large open area that invited me to "hang outside" and make snow angels. What a perfect spot for families, or Weddings or Family Reunions. When my time on Vancouver Island was extended I went back to this great hideaway and was treated so well by the managers Carolina and Matt, that I stayed with them as long as I could. Picture sitting around a crackling bonfire, listening to the waves crashing on the beach and being serenaded by the sea lions as you watch the moon come up. Life doesn't get any better.
I can't say enough good things about this clean, renovated Boutique Motel!!! Such personalized service and attention to detail, and willingness to go above and beyond - isn't found in the big chains.
I know it will be the perfect Wedding gift for a young couple this summer - a very relaxing and romantic get away. This family also has a RV/Campsite just a few km away making it such a great base for family get togethers.

I will be back!!!

Stayed: February 2018
Carolina M, Manager at Lighthouse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you very much for the kind words. You were a pleasure to have as our guests. We are looking forward to hosting your friends over the summer months. We are wishing you safe travels wherever the road may take you. Hopefully, our paths cross again in the near future. We very much look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for the laughs and memories. LHM