“We will definitely return!”

Riverside Resort & Campground
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Qualicum Beach
Victoria, Canada
“We will definitely return!”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed at Riverside the July 1st weekend and had a fantastic time! There was a family reunion going on at the resort and I understand they return every second year. I certainly know why - now that we have also had the wonderful Riverside Resort experience! The staff - from the front desk to the cleaners are friendly and personable. An outstanding staff member is Deb! Even when busy on the phone she always acknowledges you with a smile and a nod when you come through the door. There is a great store with a good selection of merchandise, especially candies and ice cream for the big and little kids!! Fresh coffee was ready every morning when I went to the office/store with cream to use as well!! Lots of washers and dryers if needed- which I am sure is very much appreciated by many parents.
We will certainly be back and we would highly recommend this as an all round place to come. There are two pools with waterslides; miniature golf and a playground. A quick 5 minute walk and you are at a lovely beach. I would recommend beach shoes as it is quite rocky, but great for a walk.
Pets are allowed at the resort, but all were on leashes and our little puppy had as great a weekend as we did!
Thank you everyone at Riverside Resort for a wonderful long weekend!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2011

stayed for the winter because I was there in the summer and loved the place. Everything was just what we wanted - everything - super place with super staff - couldn`t ask for anything better.
Everything you need -- groceries, pop, toys, newspapers, candy (got to have that) cigs, some supplies of this, that and a bit of everything. If they don`t have it they`re more than willing to tell you where to get it.
The accommidation is old and well kept -- makes you feel at home -- comfortable, clean, tidy, bright --- just what we needed -- perfect.
Great place for all walks of life -- young, old and all the rest. --- even dogs and cats
Coming back again and again and again for sure

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
nanaimo
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Resort this past Feb. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin with fireplace. The cabin was a stand alone unit and very very clean. My friends and I had a blast for sure. The cabin contains everything you would need to prepare a meal. The one thing it was lacking was a large roasting pan. I went to the office and asked and they had one in the back which they lent to me. I found the staff very helpful, and the whole setting of resort very calm and peaceful. The staff were telling me they are very popular during summer for family reunions. I can see why... They have 2 pools,a big waterslide and small slide, 18 hole mini golf and they were only 10 min walk from beach....Does it get any better than that?? . They are all about the families and stuff during summer and during the winter more laid back. Still an awesome place for a get away.. Would I reccomend "YOU BETCHA"

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank zzbop
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This was an exceptional trip as some there were four of us with high expectations that were met greatly. We were fairly disorganized going into the weekend and unsure of exactly what our getaway was going to entail, but it was excellent. The weather was great, our room had everything we needed, it was clean, the housekeepers were very friendly and accomodating. The front desk staff, although there was only two that I saw, were an excellent help. They gave us great recommendations on places in the area to eat, places to visit, things to do, etc. They were very knowledgeable and courteous during the four days we stayed. I would definitely recommend Riverside Resort to anyone who has a family, wants a getaway into a generally fairly quiet area, and who is not in need of TOP NOTCH ROOMS or TOP NOTCH SERVICE but get it anyway from the accomodations at Riverside Resort!

Room Tip: Go and check them out ahead of time
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2011

i can't believe this place is still in business with the servkice i recieved!! i booked this resort on line trying to plan a vacation in advance. after recieving a confirmation on my booking i recieved an email stateing that my booking was not confirmed. that there was no 30amp hook ups available...i excepted a 15 amp via email they asked for my credit card info again although i had already provided it during the booking process and if anything they sould be issuing a rebate for the lessor site i excepted....deb replied that there was no longer any room available......this morning i recieved my credit card bill ....they charged my card.....i called the resort to have deb tell me " i never cancelled your reservation" ....i keep all the emails from her!!!!!!! i don't know if the resort is nice but the service is not worth the trouble

Room Tip: not here
Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
0.8 km away
Ocean Crest Motel
Ocean Crest Motel
#6 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Riverside Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!